Martial arts sessions - discussion and session times.

Walked past a martial art centre today that I've not seen before, Brian Akin World of Martial Arts. Anyone train there or know anything about it? I fancy taking up a bit a martial arts over the summer and would quite like to do some ground work. This place advertises grappling and wrestling so I might give it a go. I'll let you know what I find.

Dave

Dave

the BJJ club that has been mentioned on the forum is excellent for groundwork. The club is at Dronfield, just outside Sheffield, and there's a progressive approach to fitness, so it's not like the club that Nilson ran (I believe I met you at the first session there). As I've mentioned before, the instructors are all very friendly and approachable (and knowledgeable), and the club is an affiliated Royce Gracie club, so obviously that's a bit of added kudos.

Monday nights, approx 8:15-9:45.

If not, i'd be interested to know about your experiences if you attend Brian Aiken's...

Brian Aikens place thats the one near gatecrasher.

I would reccomend Brian Aiken to anyone.

He knows his grappling.Im considering going there myself if hell go easy on me !!!

Sheffield town centre is perfect for martial arts.

Wellington street for kickboxing with Farhad Ali, Just near Gatecrasher for Ju jitsu with Brian Aiken, you cant go far wrong!

Brian Aiken has links with Royce Gracie , i know that they are good friends. I saw them both in the old Berlins together.

I couldnt believe it was Royce Gracie

i recomend brian. good guy and knows his stuff. my neck is still hurting from three weeks ago ha ha

Hi,

I'm looking for a martial arts club, but I'm finding it quite hard to locate clubs in Sheffield on the web.

If you run or attend a regular class, could you post the training times here? And maybe a bit of what you do. That way we can build up a calender of local martial arts classes without having to slog through pages and pages of archived posts!

I've trained in a few things (Primarily BJJ, Karate and Capoeira) and I'm looking to get back into it as I've been a bit lax with fitness lately!

Thanks, Chris

Hi,

I'm looking for a martial arts club, but I'm finding it quite hard to locate clubs in Sheffield on the web.

If you run or attend a regular class, could you post the training times here? And maybe a bit of what you do. That way we can build up a calender of local martial arts classes without having to slog through pages and pages of archived posts!

I've trained in a few things (Primarily BJJ, Karate and Capoeira) and I'm looking to get back into it as I've been a bit lax with fitness lately!

Thanks, Chris

Jun Fan/Jeet Kune Do, Eskrima/Kali, Grappling and some other stuff

Monday,Wednesday and Thursday 7pm till 8.30pm

The Source

300 Meadowhall Way

Sheffield

S9

Private one to one by appointment

Jun Fan/Jeet Kune Do, Eskrima/Kali, Grappling and some other stuff

Monday,Wednesday and Thursday 7pm till 8.30pm

The Source

300 Meadowhall Way