Sign in to follow this  

Jabu - any news on its reopening?

According to last week's Telegraph, Jabu (Chinese fondue restaurant on London Rd) should have reopened last night after installing airconditioning and extra tables....

I tried to ring but got no reply. Does anyone have any news on when it is likely to reopen?

It's open and now has three more tables, there was a review in the Sheffield Telegraph last week,

Alastair

...and what about China Cafe further down the road? Thats been shut for weeks. Theres no phone number on the sign and nobody seems to know whats happening!

Anyone know if its gonna re-open?

Sorry Tinajones, don't know anything about China cafe, but panic over re. Jabu as I've now managed to get through and book.

For those on the Forum who haven't been, I thoroughly endorse everything the Telegraph said last Friday - super food, great service, new experience and incredibly cheap.

Originally posted by Katya

For those on the Forum who haven't been, I thoroughly endorse everything the Telegraph said last Friday - super food, great service, new experience and incredibly cheap.

Shhhhhh!! It'll get too popular and then they'll put the prices up !

Alastair

I booked a table for tonight. Does anyone know I still have to bring my own drink?

AFAIK they still don't have a license.... but even if they have they'd probably let you drink your own.

I was there last night - it's still bring your own.

alastair

Jabu Foods different not to everyones taste but great occasionally. BUT what can I say about the service....The manageress is awesome, friendliest waitress i've encounterd, she shows a real passion for what shes doing...

By the way china cafe has shut down ithink its for sale...

Keep your eyes open theres going to be another chinese noodle bar opening on london road soon....

:clap: :clap: :clap:

But what about Regent Terrace?

Regent Terrace will open as the ivory in November, live music, good food, service thats how it will be.

Hi,

Is Jabu still take your own booze, or is there a bar/licence?

Em