Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Lyceum Fri 11 Dec-Sun 10 Jan

Fri 11 December 2009 - Sun 10 January 2010

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

A Sheffield Theatres Co-Production with Evolution Pantomimes

Lyceum Theatre

Mirror, mirror on the wall, where is the funniest panto of them all?

This Christmas, don't miss our spectacular, fun-packed, family pantomime Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. With comedy, singing, dancing, audience participation, and stunning sets and costumes, this year's Lyceum Theatre pantomime promises to be our biggest and best panto ever!

Our star-studded cast includes pop icon, Toyah Willcox as The Wicked Queen; the hilarious Damian Williams (Sky One's Are You Smarter Than Your 10 Year Old?) is back by popular demand as Nurse Nellie and the funniest man in town, Toby Foster (BBC Radio Sheffield), makes his Lyceum debut as Muddles the Court Jester. Local legend, Bobby Knutt will also make a special 'virtual' appearance as the Man in the Mirror. They are joined by a top quality supporting cast and seven of the best professional dwarfs in the country. Written and directed by Paul Hendy and produced by the team that brought you last year's smash hit Aladdin, Snow White promises to be top quality family entertainment.

COMPETITION

To celebrate the start of our spectacular new pantomime, we have a number of family tickets (4 tickets) to give away to the opening night on Friday 11 December at 7.00pm!

For your chance to win, just reply to the thread to tell us your favourite pantomime memory. Do you remember going to the panto as a child with your family? Do you have a particularly favourite pantomime experience? Maybe there was a classic moment you remember from our panto Aladdin last year? Ticket winners will be picked at random from all users that reply to the thread, but enter now for your chance to win - our competition closes at 10.00am on Thursday 10 December. Good luck!

Tickets: £12.00 - £20.00

Book online

Box Office: 0114 249 6000

I remember going to see my very first pantomime, which was Dick Whittington, at the Fiesta. (:wow: showing my age, now!) It was a school trip, so I'd be about 5.

It was fabulous, I was rapt, at the colour, and the songs. it was a brilliant experience, full of wonder.

The chap who played King-Rat, the "Villain", terrified the beejazus out of me, mind you, as he left the stage, and came out into the audience, for a "chase" scene. I remember screaming in fright as he ran by me. He seemed very tall:-I was only a kiddie,after all!!

I vividly remember the mediaeval looking costume he wore, with black rags-and-jags, (A bit Richard the third looking), and the streamers of the costume fluttering about.

My fondest memory would be going to Panto with the lads, and then, afterwards popping into the pub over the road. We then proceeded to be set upon by a merry Sue Pollard (Still dressed as the evil queen from Snow White) and 7 drunken Little People!

Fantastic bunch of folks and a good night all round!

Merry Christmas!

:D

My best memory of panto was taking my cousin who was only 2 at the time and tbh i didn't look at the panto that much i just couldnt stop looking at her in awe of all the colours, songs and adventure what was been experienced on the stage.

I think it is disgusting that people of restricted growth are exploited for the entertainment of the masses.

Shame on you

Taking my daughter aged about 4 to see snow white, just to see the wonder on her face brought a tear to my eye. Her face was a picture when the interval finished and she had a handful of sweeties so couldnt clap - needless to say the sweets were thrown into my lap so she could show her appreciation! Now I have Grand children I have an excuse to go again :hihi:

I think it is disgusting that people of restricted growth are exploited for the entertainment of the masses.

Shame on you

the "people of restricted growth" as you refer to them are actors and very well paid, they also take great pride in there work and always do there best to entertain the many many people who go to the shows (i should know we go every year an always have the best time).

we carnt wait to see this years show (theres 10 of us going on the 22nd) and wish you all a merry christmas and the best of luck.

I remember my partner taking me to see Cinderella 2 years ago. I had been a bit stressed with getting work completed for finishing university so when he siad that he was treating me to a night at the theatre I was very excited. Although I had been expecting to see more of a drama show, I was pleasently surprised by the idea of the pantomime. From the moment that we arrived I didn't stop laughing, what a great excuse to go back to childhood humour! Toady from Neighbours was the real star of the show. What a great night it was.

I love the pantomime but I haven't been for years! I always watch the celebrity ones on ITV over christmas and although the rest of my family moan about it, I love it! I can sit through the whole thing giggling at all of them, and it always looks as if they are having the time of their lives! I think that is one of the thrills, the actors always look to be enjoying it as much as the audience!

I first went to see Aladdin when I was 4 and was totally glued to the spot. My favourite part was when the gene came out of the lamp and I hung onto my mum with fright but carried on watching.Now 28 years on I still love the pantomime and go every Christmas, and my own 4 year old is just as hooked as me and she now holds on to me while watching in amazement.We will be taking our 1 year old along with us this year and hope she enjoys it just as much as we do.

my favourite memory is a few years ago when i was 13, A load of my friends and i travelled to lincoln to see Aladin, And we arrived really early and could here everyone running about screaming because some of the actors were really ill and couldnt come to set so they were going to be struggling, my friends and i volunteered to help and ended up learning 2 dances within 30 minutes!

It was a right good laugh and we got loads of goodies too!

Ah ! That would explain why I saw Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs at the Northern General Hospital last week - they must have been doing a promotion. I thought I was hallucinating !