Walter Fox & Partners

Well Doug long time no see,brilliant days.Remember camping at Skeggy? I do. you mentioned the Beatles I have memories of listening to All you need is love in a pub in Burgh le Marsh with you and Figs in 1967.Went in same pub a couple of years ago and guess what it is still on the juke box.Had to play it all the memories came flooding back .Hope you are keeping well old boy .By the way Figs is living in Torquay,It would be nice if we could all have another pint together.

You are spot on Ian here.What a great time it was good job great mates great music great weather great nights out plenty of money my own hair ,Make love not war summer of love. No responsibilties and we were young and full of it what ever IT was Wish I could go back there and turn back the clock .

Went to a MOJO reunion a couple of years ago it was held at the Leadmill.first time I have been in the building since 1969.The memories came

flooding back alot of the features are still there. .

You are spot on Ian here.What a great time it was good job great mates great music great weather great nights out plenty of money my own hair ,Make love not war summer of love. No responsibilties and we were young and full of it what ever IT was Wish I could go back there and turn back the clock .

Went to a MOJO reunion a couple of years ago it was held at the Leadmill.first time I have been in the building since 1969.The memories came

flooding back alot of the features are still there. .

Funny but we all get old and enjoy looking back to those days of our youth ,we remember them well, and stuggle with yesterday,anyway old pal how are you and yours,? Are your mum and dad still alive , and hows your Mick?

---------- Post added 29-10-2013 at 12:07 ----------

hi kev, think I remember John Ford ,defo remember old fred green , I left in late 60s so I would struggle a bit with any after that, may know one or two by sight.

As I said before Ernie and Stuart were good mates. I worked in body and panelshop straight from school,great times, im 67 now so its along time ago.

Hi Doug, i started in 1970 so missed you. I knew Ernie and Frank Damms, Stuart Armitage all the Rad Shop lads, Phil Clark, Brian Woods, Graham lockwood Mechanics, Mick Hutchinson, John Walker, Les Ackroyd, Bodyshop. As you say it was a decent firm to work for. Kev

Funny but we all get old and enjoy looking back to those days of our youth ,we remember them well, and stuggle with yesterday,anyway old pal how are you and yours,? Are your mum and dad still alive , and hows your Mick?

We lost both mum and dad a few years ago how about your parents?I remember your mum and dad very well when we used to sit in there room room watching the monkeys show on the box .then we would get in your dads van and go on a pub crawl.

Our Mick is fine he now lives in Scarbrough always saying he is broke then goes and buys a new Bentley.Wish I was as skint as that.Spoken to him earlier on the phone he is of to Vietnam in the morning .Glad we have got in touch again. Ian

hi , doug here again {oh no I hear you say} ithought I would put a few more names on that I remember. Body& panelshop . me ,Chas Spooner,Ernie Damms, Harry Storer,GraehamStokes, Stan Davis, his dad ARFUR TEECAKE LOVERLY OLD CHAP, Constantine Gabrialovich {the Russian bear} ,David Heath,,Dave Maclennan, Mick Swirls, John Phillipson, Tony Winterbottom, Dave Strafford ,Mick Hutchinson, Allan Maynard,Paul{foz} Foster, Mick {figs}Fiddler,Gloops sorry cant remember his name, Richard Fox who worked alittle with us ,he was ok old Richard, all the fox family was great with me Edna was loverly. Sorry if ive missed any one off ,oh ive missed my good pal Ian Carey . Well, I will return again soon with a load more from another dept .

I'm not sure but I seem to remember Walter Fox made pallets. I did a load of new ones up to ICI at Wilton.

to MANXDEEDAA,walter fox & partners, was a sheet metal & motor car repair company, radiator repair and manufacture and motor factor, I think you may have have the wrong fox's sorry mate.

Just caught hold of this site , i worked at foxes from 1972 to 1978 , remember all those names nearly, some more names u might recall, gerry ashmore, steve hurdley, steve poyser,dave rodgers, some great times in dodgers pub , thursday nights on the town ,great memories folks .:)

Hi kevowls. I remember Dave Rogers, Gerry Ashmore, Steve Poyser. And going in dodgers at dinnertimes ! Who are you then, where did you work ? Kev

Edited by kevvy
Added text

i think your kevin george greaves use to live on morland rd gleadless ?

Hi yeah , that's me. It's not Mr Baugh is it ?

Got it in one Mr Greaves lol how's things then me old mucker !