Big hitters of 50s and 60s

Where does Bunny Gray, Lish Boardman and Kieth Littlewood rate

in this?

in this?

Was bunny a bricklayer. i worked with a Bunny Grey who was a bricklayer on Hassells in the 60,s he was a real cockbird I went with him to watch Wednesday in 1966 cup run. At Huddersfield after the owls had won we went to a pub and the Huddersfield rugby club were in full song , Bunney decided he didn,t like them so threw his wellington at the juke box at the same time planting the lips on one of their women, Iv,e never run as fast in my life as i run that night.

ooo i do love old music, especially after a long day and you pop on some chiffones or the who you can relax in a hot bath in my house in nether edge in sheffield

in this?

any relation to Trevor Boardman? is it lish that drinks in the pub near the old sheaf markets? sure they were rag men.

Could it be Bunny Gray from the Wybourn in the 1960'S?

Could have lived on Wybourn, Anyway he was a bricki and used to work with Albert Green. We were working on Hasalls Castles at Foxhill Ray Morgan was on the same job.Wednesday got to the cup final that year and most of the lads on site followed them all the way to Wembley.Wednesday played every round away from home.

any relation to Trevor Boardman? is it lish that drinks in the pub near the old sheaf markets? sure they were rag men.

That's the one, from the Wybourn.

I know or knew every one of the people named above and Never found any of them bullies.

Ray morgan 5 feet and 4 inches, we call him "the rock ape" now living at shortferry.

Mick Cowan was a gentleman.

Albert Green a hard working man.

Little jackie hudson loves boxing and sport.

Ronnie Calvert and Billy nice people.

Dennis Hobson still a good friend and good company.

Mick Critch died in the early hours of december the 10th, people were intimidated by his size which he would always find amusing, he was at one time Ray Morgans brother in law. Most stories about these people are just rumours or hearsay.

I am suprised you haven't mentioned Bill Lane on your list, he was one of the hardest men this city has ever known.

Hi i am a calvert and i have also heard of names above.My dad has many fond n funny stories(sorry about time frame,just getting hang of P.C)

One of the hardest guys I ever meet was Eric Luglam saw him flatten two blokes outside the big tree pub woodseats one night,bult like Tank Murphy he was,good guy though,he died a few years ago,also big Joe could never remember his last name think he came from Tonga or somewhere like that,he used to be the bouncer at the Neatheredge hotel disco,I once went there acting daft one night, and he lifted me up by my nipples and flung me out ,my nips were black and blue for weeks,he past away a few years ago.

One of the hardest guys I ever meet was Eric Luglam saw him flatten two blokes outside the big tree pub woodseats one night,bult like Tank Murphy he was,good guy though,he died a few years ago,also big Joe could never remember his last name think he came from Tonga or somewhere like that,he used to be the bouncer at the Neatheredge hotel disco,I once went there acting daft one night, and he lifted me up by my nipples and flung me out ,my nips were black and blue for weeks,he past away a few years ago.

I am sure that Joe Durrant will be shocked and amazed by the news of his death. :hihi:

Couple of things i can add.

David Hessian was known as Joss, not josh.

Bunny gray lived on Cricket inn crescent, Wybourn.

I am sure that Joe Durrant will be shocked and amazed by the news of his death. :hihi:
Think its a different guy,the big Joe I knew had the pub/ night club on Arrundell gate next to what used to be the Houffenbru,sorry if I am wrong but like I said could never remember his last name, sometimes the grape vine is not always true.