Big hitters of 50s and 60s

My dads clim to fame was he was invited to Ray Morgans house for some warmed up rabbit stew,says he lived somewhere near Shoreham St.

My dads clim to fame was he was invited to Ray Morgans house for some warmed up rabbit stew,says he lived somewhere near Shoreham St.

Raymond lived just off Eastbank road, forget the name of the road might be something like erskine.

Can anyone remember Gerald mullins? He died a few weeks ago.

John Dickinson moved to Canada in the mid sixties with his wife Pat and daughter jacqueline.

He got divorced.Pat returned to Sheffield in the 90's on her own.She died a few years later from a brain tumour.

As far as I know he still lives in Ontario.He must be about 70 .He was a giant of a man and never cuased any bother.

I remember old George Mooney always being in the Roundabout Bar under the old Grand Hotel reminiscing about the early days and his battles with Shillito who came to Sheffield to rid the place of the Mooney gang and the other gangs who were causing trouble in the 30's.

Could do with him around now to clean the city of the puny youth who think they are hard men becuase they have a knife in their back pocket.

no one mentioned henry jenkinson nicknamed garth,dont remember anyone getting the best of him.also kierran brown,dave lee,bernard leedham and dont forget big ada she was awesome.the calverts were lightweights.

i cant belive noone has mentioned mckenna

eyup clutch would that be mckenna from ecclesfield?

i cant belive noone has mentioned mckenna

Tony Mckenna is still a regular at owlerton dogs, he had a bad stroke about 10 or so years back but is ok now.

Him and Cowan were Bomber Grahams managers in his early professional days.

Mack is a greyhound trainer now.

Edited by alex3659

Tony Mckenna is still a regular at owlerton dogs, he had a bad stroke about 10 or so years back but is ok now.

Him and Cowan were Bomber Grahams managers in his early proffesional days.

mckenna lives just down from us, he's made me a few quid over the years at owlerton, i went to school with his 3 kids

mckenna lives just down from us, he's made me a few quid over the years at owlerton, i went to school with his 3 kids

Been to his house lads of times, also on holiday in the costa del sol with bill rogers when he was alive and bob jepson who lives there now. They were all one crowd a few years ago.

Been to his house lads of times, also on holiday in the costa del sol with bill rogers when he was alive and bob jepson who lives there now. They were all one crowd a few years ago.
bob jepson, thats a blast from the past, dint he have a son called wayne? used to own several video shops in the late 70s-80s? was billy rogers owd jack the binmans brother?

bob jepson, thats a blast from the past, dint he have a son called wayne? used to own several video shops in the late 70s-80s? was billy rogers owd jack the binmans brother?

Bill was no relative to Jack. There was two bill rogers in town.

Jeppo lives in Benalmadena now but is in thailand at the moment, Wayne is coming over for Christmas, he has just become a father.

Strafford is giving Wayne the VIP treatment for the Newcastle game, they were in the same class at school. He's got nowt to invest in wednesday though.