Big hitters of 50s and 60s

He's over 70 now at a guess about 72.

He is doing a boxing promotion in Belfast next week with his son Dennis.

I think he might be a bit older than that in fact, maybe 74-75, anyway, good to hear he is still in good health.

He's over 70 now at a guess about 72.

He is doing a boxing promotion in Belfast next week with his son Dennis.

And the rest, I'm going for 76, I say this because when I was 16 Dennis must have been circa 30. But having said that if he wants to be 67, who am I to argue? :D

And the rest, I'm going for 76, I say this because when I was 16 Dennis must have been circa 30. But having said that if he wants to be 67, who am I to argue? :D

Well to settle it I have just phoned Deniss up and asked him, his reply was "I didn't get any older after I reached 45", :hihi::hihi:. Top lad.:hihi::hihi:..

Well to settle it I have just phoned Deniss up and asked him, his reply was "I didn't get any older after I reached 45", :hihi::hihi:. Top lad.:hihi::hihi:..

Good answer!

My Uncle died in january aged about 77, and I am sure he always said that Dennis was around the same age as him.

Anyway, good to hear.

Good answer!

My Uncle died in january aged about 77, and I am sure he always said that Dennis was around the same age as him.

Anyway, good to hear.

I know Dennis is not as old as 77 because my Dad is 77 and Dennis said he is a bit younger than my Dad, My Dad also said the same.

Anyone remember Arnie and Arthur Marshall who used to knock around the boozers on London Road always seem to remember thinking they were big hitters when I was young.

My old man told me that Arnie and Arthur used to think they were Rocky Marciano after a few pints, regularly got put on their backsides but they'd be downtown for more of the same the following week.

Anyone remember Arnie and Arthur Marshall who used to knock around the boozers on London Road always seem to remember thinking they were big hitters when I was young.

Also remember a bloke called Dennis Seeds who was a bit handy, think he moved to Doncaster in the late 70's

I remember an Arthur Marshall that came to Heeley Bank school in the early 50s. Everyone was scared of him, so I had a go at him in the schoolyard.

I didn't win the fight, but became a minor hero with the girls for daring to take him on.

Same person?

I remember an Arthur Marshall that came to Heeley Bank school in the early 50s. Everyone was scared of him, so I had a go at him in the schoolyard.

I didn't win the fight, but became a minor hero with the girls for daring to take him on.

Same person?

This reminds me of an incident quite a few years ago. I walked into a pub and ordered and awaited a pint being pulled. Suddenly this very big guy homed in on me and kicked me, far to near to the family jewels for my liking. I caught him with a right cross that knocked him unconscious, a guy who I knew slightly came up to me with a real beamer on his face. He could hardly talk for laughing, but the gist of it was that the guy who I had just smacked had been boring everyone with tales of his exploits as a French Foreign Legionnaire, and his bare hands being deadly weapons.

I never did find out why he had a pop at me.

what about lol knight, or the lowthers?

Me step dad who was a bit handy took Lol Knight out in Longley Park one night,so he says.

Me step dad who was a bit handy took Lol Knight out in Longley Park one night,so he says.

Lol would always look out for us young 'uns in town on Saturday nights. We used to catch the last 105 bus from Pond Street together.

Another handy guy was Pete Scholey who was my best man. He was not big but he was fearless. Best pound for pound.

He was in and out of the Cannon and the Norfolk so much, I could never tell if he was the worse for wear or not. :confused:

Is this the same Arthur marshall who went onto to appear as a regular on the Antiques Roadshow?

Same person?