Big hitters of 50s and 60s

Thanks for that mucker i was told quite a few years ago that he passed away if my memory serves me right i think he was supposed to have had a heart attack on West St so glad it's wrong and he is still with us the last time i saw him personally was in his wine bar with Beechy now that is a long time ago do you also know what happened to Beechy and is he still married i remember him meeting his wife in the Locarno she was one of the bar maids and quite a lot younger than Dave but her name escapes me i also knew her dad and he told me to have a word with Dave about their relationship which i declined her dads name is Brian and i knew him from the old Bramall Ln social club which i went in a lot when it was open once again thanks for the news by the way what age will Joe be now he has got to be close on to late 60s early 70s grabbing old git.[/quote

At a flying stab I'd say 75 ish.

Joe must be getting on a bit,its like early 70s when he worked at the netheredge disco and he was no spring chicken then,its strange how many people said he had past away,the bar he owned closed soon after,be good if he came on SF and told his story,its a bit of a lord Lucan scenario!!:suspect:

Joe must be getting on a bit,its like early 70s when he worked at the netheredge disco and he was no spring chicken then,its strange how many people said he had past away,the bar he owned closed soon after,be good if he came on SF and told his story,its a bit of a lord Lucan scenario!!:suspect:

Ronnie Crookes is a name I can remember .

What i would call a hard man and most certainly a powerful man not mentioned so far is ALAN KILBY the first time i saw Alan in action was when he worked the doors at Shades at Greystones which was down a steep flight of stairs in the late 60s at that venue i would say that not a lot of trouble ever happened but on this one occasion it kicked off no more to do Alan stepped in and gave one of them a Sheffield kiss and banged the second one out then carried Both up the stairs one under each arm the one banged out was still out cold the one who he nutted came round and started to show off Alan not being a tall man slid this guy up the wall with his left hand and stretched him by getting hold of his privates with his right hand this guy was shouting for mercy as most people who know Alan he is profoundly deaf and took no notice of this poor blokes cries for mercy i later worked the doors with Alan at the Locarno London rd along with Big Joe ,Tony Housley and a good few others over the years Alan also went on to become a well known pro wrestler and champion but was indeed a hard man.
i remember alan very well, back in the early seventies we often had a pint together,his brother tim was a lot bigger than alan and our mutual mate frank spaven could dwarf us all

one night i moved alan off the road outside barnards ,manor top,he was eating chips at the time ,frank said to me " dont worry he can feel the vibration if a bus comes " i tried again to move him as we were all a bit merry and he threw me over his shoulder and carried me all the way down pit lane to my mothers,i was shouting and thumping his back all the way ,when we got to my mams he said in that whisper of his " ivy ,ive brought alan home he's drunk " my mam said " he;s not drunk alan,he is just trying to tell you he got married last week and now lives on norfolk park ,the other way from the manor top " they were all in hysterics and to rub it in the new wife never believed a word of my excuse for bieng late home ...

Ronnie Crookes is a name I can remember .

I'm sure that Ronnie's greatest problem was deciding who got in the Penny for nowt, and who paid.

Thanks for that mucker i was told quite a few years ago that he passed away if my memory serves me right i think he was supposed to have had a heart attack on West St so glad it's wrong and he is still with us the last time i saw him personally was in his wine bar with Beechy now that is a long time ago do you also know what happened to Beechy and is he still married i remember him meeting his wife in the Locarno she was one of the bar maids and quite a lot younger than Dave but her name escapes me i also knew her dad and he told me to have a word with Dave about their relationship which i declined her dads name is Brian and i knew him from the old Bramall Ln social club which i went in a lot when it was open once again thanks for the news by the way what age will Joe be now he has got to be close on to late 60s early 70s grabbing old git.

jack go on my facebook page.. beechy is a friend on there . take care pal .

jack go on my facebook page.. beechy is a friend on there . take care pal .

Cheers BRI will do how you doin matey.

Does any one know if jack hudson is still around had some good times with him

he was a gentleman and enjoyed life

Does any one know if jack hudson is still around had some good times with him

he was a gentleman and enjoyed life

He is still alive I saw him not long ago with his carrier bag in Wetherspoons next to Cole Brothers or whatever they call it now.

In all the years I have known him I have never seen him without a carrier bag or at the bar.

If you ever see him please give him my best tell him I now live in Thailand

is he still a dapper dresser yes he allways has a bag with him for shoping

If you ever see him please give him my best tell him I now live in Thailand

is he still a dapper dresser yes he allways has a bag with him for shoping

He was dressed smart.

Where in Thailand are you?

Phuket have been over here since 1993

does he still live on Norfork Park do you know