Idiot children knocking on door and running away

Parents, do you know what your kids are doing tonight. I live in Beighton and some idiot kids have been knocking on my door or window and running away. This has happened nearly every night for a week now. I dont respond to them cos thats what they want I think, to get a rise out of you.

Please parents, be sure of what your kids are up to in the evenings, cos these kids will soon have an ASBO on them if they carry on

Ah that takes me back, the good old days when kids played good old pranks like that. When I read the papers these days I often wish more kids had that type of fun, instead of the stuff we read about.

You are doing the right thing ignoring them, but there will be someone who keeps running to the door shouting if they are lucky.

Sorry I can't knock em (no pun intended) because I did it myself :confused:

but I turned out ok and my victims lived to tell the tale.

Knock n run

Thunder n lightening....

aaah the old days....... lol

Wowww, knock a door run.. quality fun, especially if you can find a place to hide and watched them standing on their fronts scratching their head thinking they're goin' mad. I wouldn't complain at all if I was you, try having a go at the parents and saying they're gunna get an asbo when they knock on the door and make you run, take your telly, phone and car keys as well for your troubles.

I did it too .. lol .. we usually have a gang of teens outside our house, because it's near a street light and on an end so they can see who is coming and going. I can put up with their loud chatting and laughing, but when they knocked on the window and ran .. so did I !! When I caught them, despite a limp .. I told them I have no worries about them hanging around outside our house .. at least I know they are safe there .. but knocking on my flippin window is not on. Bless em, since then, they've not knocked.

It is an annoyance at worst, but as most people have said, its not the worst thing that happens out there. Kids are and always will be mischevious and thats the way they should be. Maybe play a prank and wait in a window above the front door with a bucket of cold water and get your own back

Parents, do you know what your kids are doing tonight. I live in Beighton and some idiot kids have been knocking on my door or window and running away. This has happened nearly every night for a week now. I dont respond to them cos thats what they want I think, to get a rise out of you.

Please parents, be sure of what your kids are up to in the evenings, cos these kids will soon have an ASBO on them if they carry on

Knowing the people down Beighton it will be the parents that are doing it.

Yay. This post confirms I'm not officially old yet. Mainly because kids on our street were playing this earlier this year and when I went out to see no one was there, I just smiled and sighed "ahh. . . knock a door run, I remember that" then went back inside.

I think the kids in question may have been in earshot, as they didn't bother with us again, however I did hear other neighbours more negative responses as they continued further down the road.

I'm 28 for the record.

Oh dear, it's hardly the worse thing in the world. I did it, sure most other kids did, and that was about the worse thing we ever did. I will discourage my kids from doing it but let's be fair, kids will be kids, you should be grateful it's not kids kicking your door, damaging your property, robbing you, attacking you. Then you will have something to moan about. If it annoys you that much play a prank back, that might stop them.

We used to refine it by tying one door knocker to another across the road, and when the first one opened the door, it pulled the cotton, which broke, but made the people on the other side come to the door, and usually swear at each other. We managed 5 doors once!!!!!

Knowing the people down Beighton it will be the parents that are doing it.

ey i live at beighton, its ok :)

Ah, bless.