BOBBY ZAMORA - international joke

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/8398402.stm

My estimation of Fulham manager, Roy Hodgson, has dropped somewhat after his praise for Zamora. My feeling about the Cottagers' striker is that he isn't a Premiership player, let alone being touted as an international. I watched him last Thursday against CSK and the usual flaws were there for all to see.

His winning goal against Sunderland yesterday, well he could have missed but so good was the cross, he met it with his head from six yards out. Judging by Fulhan blogs, many would agree with me.

Another goon whom I saw to usual effect yesterday ( has he a brain?) was Leon Best - a man who made Trappatoni's squad - but is poor Championship material.

England no Khazakstan maybe, Zamora is a good goalscorer in league 1 no more.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/8398402.stm

My estimation of Fulham manager, Roy Hodgson, has dropped somewhat after his praise for Zamora. My feeling about the Cottagers' striker is that he isn't a Premiership player, let alone being touted as an international. I watched him last Thursday against CSK and the usual flaws were there for all to see.

His winning goal against Sunderland yesterday, well he could have missed but so good was the cross, he met it with his head from six yards out. Judging by Fulhan blogs, many would agree with me.

Another goon whom I saw to usual effect yesterday ( has he a brain?) was Leon Best - a man who made Trappatoni's squad - but is poor Championship material.

Roy Hodgson is a very experienced manager .you say your estimation of him as dropped ..Why? he knows and more than likely Zamora knows he has no chance of going to SA yet in one interview he has made sure Zamora will bust a gut every week and more importantly Zamora will take the field with confidence sky high..Its whats called man management having the ability to get the best out of your players by thought deeds and words ..slag em off face to face in private bump em up in public .

To the tune of 'That's Amore'

When the ball hits his head and ends up in Row Z...that's Zamora:)

Roy Hodgson is a very experienced manager .you say your estimation of him as dropped ..Why? he knows and more than likely Zamora knows he has no chance of going to SA yet in one interview he has made sure Zamora will bust a gut every week and more importantly Zamora will take the field with confidence sky high..Its whats called man management having the ability to get the best out of your players by thought deeds and words ..slag em off face to face in private bump em up in public .

Good rational post. I have Hodgson down as an intelligent manager, of intellect above the norm - he does cryptic crosswords for one. I see your psychological approach to Zamora. Hodgson likes him, I'm not buying into that, and I have a long list of other such players plus - Laws telling us the players will turn it round - so I suppose I wouldn't have signed him Zamora in the first place. Perhaps SSN is guilty of showing the footage but I don't buy into things very easily.

Good rational post. I have Hodgson down as an intelligent manager, of intellect above the norm - he does cryptic crosswords for one. I see your psychological approach to Zamora. Hodgson likes him, I'm not buying into that, and I have a long list of other such players plus - Laws telling us the players will turn it round - so I suppose I wouldn't have signed him Zamora in the first place. Perhaps SSN is guilty of showing the footage but I don't buy into things very easily.

I saw Zamora play against Roma in the Europa Cup, and whilst I couldn't advocate him for the England team, he is a very good hold up player. In the lower leagues he had a proven strike record but was very one dimensional. In the premiership his direct approach isn't capable of outwitting top defenders, so his game has been modified. His primary asset is his strength - and clearly Fulham are exploiting this judging by the battering ram display he put in against the Italians. That said, he also showed some subtle touches, and if England need a hold up man, he is no worse or better than Emile Heskey. Whether you believe Heskey deserves a place in the England team given his lacklustre strike ratio is another matter. It made me laugh on MOTD last week when Johnathon Pearce was commentating. Heskey screwed a shot wide and he remarked "well, he never was a natural finisher". This speaks volumes about our international striking options.

Sorry Cockneymafia, I wrote a lengthy reply and although I'd signed in, it had expired before I had finished and I signed in again but was informed the reply could not be processed. I cannot re-write all that again. In short; I wouldn't want to sign, Zamora, Heskey and Nugent. SORRY about the brevity, I feel a bit miffed.

Off on a tangent, but am I the only person who hears Roy Hodgson speak (on the radio in particular), and thinks Harry H. Corbett has been resurrected?

I saw Zamora play against Roma in the Europa Cup, and whilst I couldn't advocate him for the England team, he is a very good hold up player. In the lower leagues he had a proven strike record but was very one dimensional. In the premiership his direct approach isn't capable of outwitting top defenders, so his game has been modified. His primary asset is his strength - and clearly Fulham are exploiting this judging by the battering ram display he put in against the Italians. That said, he also showed some subtle touches, and if England need a hold up man, he is no worse or better than Emile Heskey. Whether you believe Heskey deserves a place in the England team given his lacklustre strike ratio is another matter. It made me laugh on MOTD last week when Johnathon Pearce was commentating. Heskey screwed a shot wide and he remarked "well, he never was a natural finisher". This speaks volumes about our international striking options.

As an Irishman with the natural low expectations, I'll merely give two opinions.

I agree that Zamora would be at least as effective as Heskey, but I would would say he has the extra (just) turn of foot in comparison to Heskey.

My other opinion is that Jonathan Pearce should never, ever be allowed near a microphone. All that particular piece of journalistic distended rectum has proved is that shouting may get you a job.

As an Irishman with the natural low expectations, I'll merely give two opinions.

I agree that Zamora would be at least as effective as Heskey, but I would would say he has the extra (just) turn of foot in comparison to Heskey.

My other opinion is that Jonathan Pearce should never, ever be allowed near a microphone. All that particular piece of journalistic distended rectum has proved is that shouting may get you a job.

Heskey, Carlton Cole and Zamora. Are England that bad that they needs players like this.

HappyHippy, I remember your old username when you claimed to be Alan Greens favorite nephew which is why you don't like Jonathan Pearce.