The maw family in Sheffield

Hello, I am currently doing my family tree and have found that my grandmothers maiden name was Maw, not Sure what her first name was she married a Foxton(my mothers maiden name)

Lived on the woodthorpe and knew Tony very well,very overbearing to say the least,but a sound lad none the less.

Looking for members of the Maw family. Husband's(Christopher Alan Maw) mother was married to a David Arthur Maw in 1944(Pearl Fletcher) They had a son,now deceased, David Malcom Maw in 1946. They moved to Cornwall. My husband was born in 1951 and David Arthur Maw is named on his birth certificate as father. Chris never got to know his father because of family breakdown, we have read that David Arthur remarried in 1958 and would love to know if there is any extended family still allive. We live in Australia and have three adult sons and eleven grandchildren who would like to know.

Hi Sue. Welcome to this forum. I knew a few Maws in the Sheffield Penistone Grenoside and Rotherham areas, although I'm not in touch now. I'm sure you will get a few replies. If not look in directories of Sheffield, one or two Maws are coal merchants, and farmers. I will keep an eye on your search, If it's not going well I'll try and look a few up for you to get you started. Good Luck

Hi Sue, I am from the Maw family. My Dad is Frank maw, he is now 77, and was born in Ecclesfield. I will ask if he knows of a David Arthur Maw. I too am interested in our family tree

Sue I have asked my Dad and he knows nobody of that name. He knows most of the history of his grandfather who was called Marmaduke and his 10 children. But he doesnt know if Marmaduke had any brothers or sisters. I will try and ask round as there is a lot of relatives who live around.

My cousins are from the name Maw. Their Father still lives in Chapeltown- Kenneth. He must be near 70ish

I was at ecclesfield junior school with Michael Maw in the 50s his familly were coal merchants

There's a maw family on the longley farm est. Bill & Iris have 3 sons & 1 doughter David--Alan-- Gary & Diann Bill died a just over a year ago, Iris is going on for 80.

my Uncle, Auntie and 4 cousins are called Maw plus another Auntie was before she married. Kenneth Maw and Brenda Maw are brother and sister

i knew the maw family lived on tideswell road mick maw is about my age 58 i bought a caravan of him about 5yrs ago think he owns or part owns swallownest caravans hope this helps