Sign in to follow this  

The London Bombings - British born bombers - Does it change anything?

After the latest news reports, it looks as though the bombers where indeed British born. They where part of our community and could have lived down any of our streets.

Does this change anything? Are there lessons to be learnt from this? Does this prove there are militant Muslim clerics out there preaching hate to impressionable people?

Here is an extract from the ‘Your reaction’ part of the BBC News site:

The fact that the bombers are believed to have been born in the UK, demonstrates that terrorism is not a result of a lack of freedom, opportunity, living in poverty, and all the other "root causes" that are touted each time there is an attack. The root cause of terrorism, quite simply, is hate. The root cause of the hate in regards to terrorism is an ideological belief in a system of moral extremes that preaches and rewards violence perpetuated by hate. Hate thrives in both affluent and impoverished peoples and nations. The only thing moral extremism needs to flourish is an open and accepting ear, and the romanticization of a cause as just and noble.

Severus, Montreal, Canada

I think this does change everything. We all took comfort in believing these people where from another country where religious hate is acceptable and more common place, that somehow they where not like us. Now they are fellow British Citizens, who care for nothing but to kill and terrorise ANYONE who doesn’t subscribe to their twisted belief system.

Yeah its more worrying!

It shows that people in this country or teaching racial hatred to the extent that they will blow up themselves and thier fellow countrymen. All for the sake of an ideal which will never come true!

The same thing happened in Oklahoma, the bomber was a local white guy who had lived there all his life, people couldn't understand it, they were convinced he would be a foreigner.

I can't believe that people who were born and bred here don't think anything about killing their fellow Britons. It's terrible.

I read that they were trained at a secret suicide bomber training camp somewhere in Britain and apparently there is another 200 at this camp who (when the qualify or whatever they do), they will to want to blow stuff and people up too. Whether this is true or not I don't know. ! Scary !

Where did you read this disturbing news?

I think it was the sun (fair enough they do exagerate), but its still scary to think that it could be happening.

I also read something like this in the papers... that there are at least 200 or alot more out there... its really scary to know that they are indeed british born & bred...

It is a shame that they're lead to believe its ok to kill... because where they will end up is paradise! they're being brainwashed...

I totally agree angel05 - how can killing loads of people guarantee you a place in paradise - complete lunatics if you ask me

Originally posted by tots

I think it was the sun (fair enough they do exagerate), but its still scary to think that it could be happening.

yes its very disturbing but I am sure that the decent folk of the U.K will do thier uppermost to weed out these 'camps of evil'

Hopefully we will weed them out yes. But it's coming to something when you have to think of your safety before gettin on a bus or train, it just makes me so mad :rant: