Cowlishaw road closed due to RTC morning of 3/12/09

Does anyone know what happened at the cowlishaw road / junction road junction?

I was going from Psalter Lane down to Ecclesall Rd about 8:15 this morning and the police had it taped off and were not letting anyone near.

Guest pegmosaic

Does anyone know why the Police are directing people arround Junction Road, just of Hunters Bar rounderbout?

Hi,

I live on Cowlishaw Road. There was crash between a blue Subaru and a white works transit van at around 6.30. It looked from the damage that it was pretty much head on. One of the Police Officers said one of the drivers was in a serious condition..

I ve complained to the highways department about the speed people take this junction at. It was an accident waiting to happen.

hi does any one have any news about this accident or people as i think my friend was involved and i can not get in contact with any one ???

Hi,

I live on Cowlishaw Road. There was crash between a blue Subaru and a white works transit van at around 6.30. It looked from the damage that it was pretty much head on. One of the Police Officers said one of the drivers was in a serious condition..

I ve complained to the highways department about the speed people take this junction at. It was an accident waiting to happen.

Do you mean people speed as they come down the hill and turn right?

yeah they do, we live round the corner and its a nightmare what with the parked cars opposite the junction adding to the chaos!

the crash woke my girlfriend up, she said it sounded a bad one..

just found out it is def him and he is in a very bad way

it's not a "crime" scene as such, it's an RTA

But then you should know that at the scene of a serious (potentially life threatening) or fatal crash the police treat it as if it is the scene of an unlawful killing.

Do you mean people speed as they come down the hill and turn right?

Yes, as cars come down the hill they accelerate in order to make the right turn before a car comes up the hill. Cars also speed going up the hill in order to get to the top before a car turns left and they have to wait. With the school around the corner it worries me greatly. Like I say I have complained to the highways department but it was dismissed.

I shall be raising another here;

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/maintenance/contact-street-force/contact-form

I also know somebody that was involved in this crash, he's not fantastic either.