Bus driver and car driver stand off causes chaos!

I can remember when I was on a bus down Eccleshall road, there was pure gridlock. 5 minutes later my mate rang me to tell me why, (he was on a bus further down the road). A taxi driver had nearly run over a cyclist to which the cyclist reacted by getting off her bike and punching the driver, fantastic.

Yikes! pretty strong reaction to something that nearly happened!

The moral of this story is "Never upset a woman while she is on her menstrual cycle" :hihi:

i was in that situation the other day on queens street in the city centre. i was driving on my side and a bus was coimg the other way. a car was parked in a space on his side of the road so i carried on thinking he would stop as the obstruction is on his side of the road. but did he hell we ended up stuck so eventually i gave in and reversed. the cheeky b******* pulled up next to me put his window down and shouted "dont you look at whats coimg the other way" to which i replied "the obstruction was on your side of the road so you should have given way to me you fat w*****" much to the laughter of the passengers. but bus drivers do think they have the right of way in any situation. i hate them with passion.

Yup you're in the right.

I've met a few numpty bus drivers on Norton Lees road.

One pulled out from Norton Lees lane while I was going up Derbyshire Lane causing me to brake hard. Yes he could see me coming and knew full well he wouldn't be able to get past me. He refused to pull back and in the end I had to go into Norton lees lane and drive back out.

Years ago when the bus stop was clear another decided to sit in the middle of the road blocking it. Too idle to use the steering wheel. Well he had to learn to use it to get round me. I couldn't see why I should be considerate to him if he was going to block the road for no reason.

And recently I pulled over for another driver to let them through and they came along and suddenly decided there wasn't enough room despite being a foot clear on both sides and already going through a line of traffic with the same gap. So that caused a stand off. She clearly didn't understand arms held wide saying plenty of room. If it wasn't a bus stop I pulled into I would have parked up and walked to the shop and left her there.

Traffic "calming" measures that force people onto the wrong side of the road,

into the path of oncoming traffic, which should technically have the right of way,

but usually doesn't.

This must have been the brainchild of a total pillock.

It's a wonder no-one's been killed.

Yup you're in the right.

I've met a few numpty bus drivers on Norton Lees road.

One pulled out from Norton Lees lane while I was going up Derbyshire Lane causing me to brake hard. Yes he could see me coming and knew full well he wouldn't be able to get past me. He refused to pull back and in the end I had to go into Norton lees lane and drive back out.

Years ago when the bus stop was clear another decided to sit in the middle of the road blocking it. Too idle to use the steering wheel. Well he had to learn to use it to get round me. I couldn't see why I should be considerate to him if he was going to block the road for no reason.

And recently I pulled over for another driver to let them through and they came along and suddenly decided there wasn't enough room despite being a foot clear on both sides and already going through a line of traffic with the same gap. So that caused a stand off. She clearly didn't understand arms held wide saying plenty of room. If it wasn't a bus stop I pulled into I would have parked up and walked to the shop and left her there.

The good bus drivers read the road and anticipate such sticking points thus avoiding them. The bad bus drivers look out for the sticking points and exploit them, so they can stop the bus and have a fag, seriously! I've seen it! happen!

Traffic "calming" measures that force people onto the wrong side of the road,

into the path of oncoming traffic, which should technically have the right of way,

but usually doesn't.

This must have been the brainchild of a total pillock.

It's a wonder no-one's been killed.

:hihi::hihi: that made me lol. Sorry toploader, not laughing at you, you are quite right. The word "pillock" always gives me the giggles! Cool post. :thumbsup:

So many Bus drivers are so aggressive. Obviously its not ALL of them, but you really notice the bad ones. Huge vehicles driven badly by morons are not good for everyone on the road. The way these people try to bully their way around is outrageous. The ones that stop in the middle of the road letting their passengers out into the traffic are the most dangerous, but the monkey-brain in the op is pretty bad in his own way. Good on the 4x4 for not backing down to a bully. Perhaps he will think twice next time before driving so aggressively. We should all stand up to bullies on the road.

So many Bus drivers are so aggressive. Obviously its not ALL of them, but you really notice the bad ones. Huge vehicles driven badly by morons are not good for everyone on the road. The way these people try to bully their way around is outrageous. The ones that stop in the middle of the road letting their passengers out into the traffic are the most dangerous, but the monkey-brain in the op is pretty bad in his own way. Good on the 4x4 for not backing down to a bully. Perhaps he will think twice next time before driving so aggressively. We should all stand up to bullies on the road.

Im a bus driving, ive read all the posts, i ALWAYS mirror, signal, before i move, the problem you have with a bus unlike a car is you cannot see what is behind you only view is the wing mirror and sometime its clear in your mirror you start to move out and you have a racers flying up on you.

I never drive aggressive and try and be curtious if i can but some people just dont wanta let a bus go and get stuck behind one, ive sat waiting to pull out of bus stops before for upwards to 5minutes as people wont let you go. if all partys where a bit more thoughtful, including some of my work mates the road would be alot better place to drive!

As for the stand off that the post started with, we dont know the cause of it, maybe the bus was at the traffic calming point and the car came flying at him and he didnt have anywhere to stop??

Maybe the bus thought sod it, im not waiting!

the road layout is rubbish on that particular road, especially with all the parked vehicles, i know its been done to aid safety for the school but surely they could have done something better??

Try getting past city school at 15.00! its impossible without coming into conflict with a vehicle coming the other way with all the parents parked to pick up the kiddies.

Im a bus driving, ive read all the posts, i ALWAYS mirror, signal, before i move, the problem you have with a bus unlike a car is you cannot see what is behind you only view is the wing mirror and sometime its clear in your mirror you start to move out and you have a racers flying up on you.

I never drive aggressive and try and be curtious if i can but some people just dont wanta let a bus go and get stuck behind one, ive sat waiting to pull out of bus stops before for upwards to 5minutes as people wont let you go. if all partys where a bit more thoughtful, including some of my work mates the road would be alot better place to drive!

As for the stand off that the post started with, we dont know the cause of it, maybe the bus was at the traffic calming point and the car came flying at him and he didnt have anywhere to stop??

Maybe the bus thought sod it, im not waiting!

the road layout is rubbish on that particular road, especially with all the parked vehicles, i know its been done to aid safety for the school but surely they could have done something better??

Try getting past city school at 15.00! its impossible without coming into conflict with a vehicle coming the other way with all the parents parked to pick up the kiddies.

couldn't of put it better myself. that road is a nightmare when kids are coming out, although this incident happened at nearer 6pm so not as bad for traffic but if cars are parked at the side it can be difficult to judge if it's safe to go and once you go in a bus theres no going back, as the 4x4 driver found out

I also like bus drivers and 4x4 drivers, but I don't think they like each other, wonder if they are still there. :hihi:

Yes they're still there in the same position.

It is reported a taxi driver has joined the que and has eyes on both drivers.

No one who was there said where the chicane was, whose right of way was it? Was the chicane in front of the 4x4 or the bus? Who really had right of way?

Latest report. Just came home the same way, they weren't still there. :hihi:

I did take notice tonight, and saw that the calming gate was in favour of the 4x4 guy, so it would seem that the bus driver was in the wrong!!?

No one who was there said where the chicane was, whose right of way was it? Was the chicane in front of the 4x4 or the bus? Who really had right of way?

According to Viney's post, the bus driver had right of way all along.