Bus driver and car driver stand off causes chaos!

Without being there, the BMW 4x4 driver sounds in the wrong. Surprisingly :)

His vehicle would be far easier to reverse and I didn't know about the law regarding reversing buses, but it does make sense.

This doesn't surprise me, i drove down there this evening and whilst trying to drive through the narrow section of road outside City Schol (bearing in mind it was my right of way) an idiot came speeding up the other way, trying to get through at the the same time, flashing his lights and beeping his horn. Even though he was in the wrong, and taking into account there was nobody behind me he was so impatient that he couldn't even be bothered to wait 10 seconds till the road was clear.

Those bumps and road narrowings cause more problems than they solve.

Your'e right jaffacake! I have experienced this many times. Perhaps these folk think that they are more important than other road users.

I don't think that the bumps and road narrowings cause the problems, more the dumplin's that don't abide by them.

His vehicle would be far easier to reverse and I didn't know about the law regarding reversing buses, but it does make sense.

Yep! clearly in the wrong pem123. After eveyone on our side of the queue decided to mount the verge, he had a good quarter mile of reversing space! :hihi: His face was a picture though, as I passed him in his full arms folded glory. I think that he was beggining to realise that he looked a little bit silly!

4 x 4`s are stupid and waste of money.

"look at me" syndrome it is.

unless of course you have a proper land rover for off road use.

4 x 4`s are stupid and waste of money.

"look at me" syndrome it is.

unless of course you have a proper land rover for off road use.

Oh yeah actionman, he sure was there to be looked at. I managed to get my humble Zafira off road to pass him though. :hihi:

This is an often miss quoted piece of legislation. The actual wording goes something like "Drivers should only reverse on the highway if it is unavoidable and if at all possible should seek assistance from a competent person".

Saying that, the design of most modern buses renders them pretty difficult to reverse, especially in a confined area.

On my way home from work tonight, along Stradbrook Rd (around 6.00pm), I encountered what I thought was a major traffic accident! The traffic was backed up from one of those "down to one lane traffic calming areas". Eventually, (after about 15 minutes of waiting) the people at the head of the queue began to mount the grass verge and drive past the obstruction. I followed suit. On reaching the obstruction I could barely contain my laughter to find that it was a bus driver and a four wheel drive bmw at loggerheads as to who should give way!! Both of these stubborn fools were dealing with the situation by sitting there with their arms crossed and staring each other out. Surely the bus driver had a schedule to adhere to as the bmw driver had a home to go to..... did anyone else witness this? I'd be interested to know how long this dispute went on for.

The Bmw driver should of done what i do get infront and drive at 5mph.

And if it should come to blows then Round 1

I do not know who to side with in this instance but would like to add that I once was going through a trafic calming measure at the bottom of shire green and was confronted with a seemingly bullying bus driver.

I had right of way but this did not put the driver off rushing towards the hump/gate that I had priority over. We just managed to squeeze past each other but not without he bus driver spewing verbal in my direction from his window.

I (after) felt like I should have scraped the said bus and claimed, but I like the car I have so did everything in my power to keep it as it is. I thought after this incident that busses were ignorant of everyone and that they thought they should have priority over us everyday tax paying uses.

This aside I will still to this day give priority to a bus. I think that public transport on some level should have priority (I know this conflicts with my point but ... ) .

On my way home from work tonight, along Stradbrook Rd (around 6.00pm), I encountered what I thought was a major traffic accident! The traffic was backed up from one of those "down to one lane traffic calming areas". Eventually, (after about 15 minutes of waiting) the people at the head of the queue began to mount the grass verge and drive past the obstruction. I followed suit. On reaching the obstruction I could barely contain my laughter to find that it was a bus driver and a four wheel drive bmw at loggerheads as to who should give way!! Both of these stubborn fools were dealing with the situation by sitting there with their arms crossed and staring each other out. Surely the bus driver had a schedule to adhere to as the bmw driver had a home to go to..... did anyone else witness this? I'd be interested to know how long this dispute went on for.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm 11 ton bus .v. 4x4 , I know where my money would be on :hihi:

I I thought after this incident that busses were ignorant of everyone and that they thought they should have priority over us everyday tax paying uses.

Do not tar them all with the same brush.

I (after) felt like I should have scraped the said bus and claimed, but I like the car I have so did everything in my power to keep it as it is. I thought after this incident that busses were ignorant of everyone and that they thought they should have priority over us everyday tax paying uses.

In the highway code it says:

Quote:

Buses, coaches and trams. Give priority to these vehicles when you can do so safely, especially when they signal to pull away from stops. Look out for people getting off a bus or tram and crossing the road.

Their is no legal requirement, but the fact is, they do have priority over cars.

Deleted by me!

Edited by sccsux