Job seekers over Christmas

I have a few people asking me if i know how Job centre deal with Christmas payments and to be honest i have no idea as this is our first christmas without a job.

Does anyone know how they deal with the benefits over christmas as our last signing on date is the day before christmas and i am positive they will be shut...

Any help or knowledge on this would be appreciated as i will at least have something to tell the people who ask me now lol.

Thank youuu

Give them a ring the number for the Bank Street office is 0114 2590000, hope you have success in finding a job in the New Year :)

On your next signing day which i am assuming is the 11th, they will give you a slip of paper which tells you when you next need to attend the office to sign and when youir payments will go in as obviously the payment for xmas eve will be sent early, dont ring 2590000 its the main switchboard and takes forever. If you still need more info ring 0845 6001267 and they will give you all information

You will be automatically signed on, with an early paymet too if that is your signing on day, i am positive of this :) most people get 2 payments over xmas which is nice when u get it but it leaves u a while with no money, same thing normally happens over new year too, they will explain all this to you at your signing day anyway...but knowin the job center they wont lol, so just wait till ur nex signing day and on ask your advisor then to check on the system which payments are going to be sent out and when and they will tell you as long as there isnt a complete idiot dealing with ya...which they normally are! lol :)