Christmas bonus

hi, im in receipt of low rate care and high rate mobility, do i qualify for the £60 xmas bonus ?

is it being paid this year ?

whos recieved theres yet ?

thank you so much

julie

The Christmas bonus is only £10, sad to say.

Certain groups did get an additional, one-off £60 payment last year, but it was only a one-off and it isn't being repeated this year. As you qualify for Disablity Living Allowance (any rate for either component would do) you will receive the £10.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/On_a_low_income/DG_10018704

I don't know why they bother. I'm not sure what £10 will buy these days. A days fuel costs a lot more than that. You can't buy a new coat either. It must cost almost more for the administration.

I don't know why they bother. I'm not sure what £10 will buy these days. A days fuel costs a lot more than that. You can't buy a new coat either. It must cost almost more for the administration.

It serves no useful purpose, but imagine what the Government which abolishes it will be called by the press, the pensioners' action groups and the Opposition of the day .... the game isn't worth the candle, from a politically-expedient point of view. It will never be taken away.

I get med care and low mobility i get it every year, but last year i got £60 also, i thought it was a mistake at first has i was use to getting £10.

i get the 10 pound bonus much appreciated it might not buy much but what do people want for doing nothing

I'd rather they didn't give it to me. It's a costly gesture which does little. Better to give the money to social services or raise the bonus to fit todays prices.

it is a joke, £10, i will get so much with this bonus lol

I think your being a bit harsh, there are alot of people out there that could do alot with £10.

I thought this was the season of goodwill, the Govt don't have to give us anything, but luckily we live in a society that doesn't just turn it's back on those less fortunate.

See it more as a festive gesture, buy yourself a bottle of wine or a christmas cake, or even both!

The extra £10 will allow me to buy Gluten Free food, instead of the normal Christmas stuff and allow me to spend Boxing day pain free for a change :)

I'm glad for you Peaches but shouldn't someone like you have extra to buy gluten free every day of the week not just for Christmas?