Cyclops street 1940s/50s

52 minutes ago, scrotebag2000 said:

Yes I know both,I see Chris often at Firth park,David if not seen for years.

I thought you might know them.I used to see Dave on the bus home after work,we both lived at shiregreen.Think i saw Chris in the tackle shop at firth park a couple of times,but that was quite a while ago.Used to play subbuteo in chris's front room back in late 60's and football with dave and a load of others over on what we used to call the horses field.

9 minutes ago, bothamlad said:

I thought you might know them.I used to see Dave on the bus home after work,we both lived at shiregreen.Think i saw Chris in the tackle shop at firth park a couple of times,but that was quite a while ago.Used to play subbuteo in chris's front room back in late 60's and football with dave and a load of others over on what we used to call the horses field.

I remember it well I did both.

Hi my nannan Joyce Frank worked on the buses back then. Her name  was Joyce Johnson. She always says she was one of the fastest conductors on there. The superior conductor was Harold. 

Can anyone remember?

Thank you 

My mum was the youngest of the Dunn's, she often talks about fond memories of Cyclops Street.

The Dunn's were a huge family of 10 children, some of whom have now passed.  Grandad Dunn died quite young in 1966/7 so I never got to meet him, Nan died in the early 80's.

I have often thought about what the street looked like, does anyone have any pictures from that era?

8 hours ago, mattbell1975 said:

My mum was the youngest of the Dunn's, she often talks about fond memories of Cyclops Street.

The Dunn's were a huge family of 10 children, some of whom have now passed.  Grandad Dunn died quite young in 1966/7 so I never got to meet him, Nan died in the early 80's.

I have often thought about what the street looked like, does anyone have any pictures from that era?

Mat ,

Call and visit your old child minder, she has a few photos.

dido