Cyclops street 1940s/50s

just joined ,read lots of memories,some good,some bad. My nan died in fire grimesthorpe rd .Took a lot to say this,grandad jumped and survived.For those who are still around it was 784, can never forget.Thanks to Johnny butler who I am told did all possible to help.Lived at 38 cyclops untill 1951.Anyone still around from tom martin.

just joined ,read lots of memories,some good,some bad. My nan died in fire grimesthorpe rd .Took a lot to say this,grandad jumped and survived.For those who are still around it was 784, can never forget.Thanks to Johnny butler who I am told did all possible to help.Lived at 38 cyclops untill 1951.Anyone still around from tom martin.

Hi pincherpat, I'm originally from Bland St. born 1949, have an older brother born 1939, don't know if these are anywhere near your age but if you go on "anyone from Grimesthorpe" thread there are quite a few of us on there.

hiya tom

when did you live on cyclops st i now the martins lived at no 30 as we lived at no 32 th moved to 33 and when i got wed lived at 43 till 1973 darrell

Hi Darrell, lived 38 cyclops st from around 1943 till 1951 in same yard were Dunns top house next to Moorhouses I think,my sister june played with Jean M, my pal was Paul Dunn. I cant remember name of other families in yard,maybe Plants Wilf and Freda,long time ago.Went to Owler lane infants and Grimesthorpe Juniors until 1951 moved to Parsons Cross.

Hi T Fishcake, My cousins Harry,John&Little John Smith lived on bland st.in40s One of Johns nicknamed Bozo I think. My Gdad & Gma lived in bottom house Bland st. Over the wall was big drop.

Susan Dunns youngest son came to visit me a couple of days ago, he's just done a tour of Iraq. Susan now lives in Dronfield.

Hi T Fishcake, My cousins Harry,John&Little John Smith lived on bland st.in40s One of Johns nicknamed Bozo I think. My Gdad & Gma lived in bottom house Bland st. Over the wall was big drop.

Hi Tom, knew them well, big John was called Bonzo, sadly he' s the only one left, can't for the life of me remember your g'dads and g'ma's name, perhaps my brother will remember, as we lived opposite them.

paul dunn is my brother in law now lives in rotherham as does peter and david.all doing ok saw them short time ago,my wife is marie,jean and phyllis passed away jenny is also around and doing ok.pat not seen for a long time lives out in the worksop area.see sue most weeks.

hi pincherpat

are you any relationto mick tony and kevin martin because there gran lived on grimesthrpe rd as well and they went to live with her she lived not far from the steps that went up to the prefabs bye darrell

hi fishcake,name of martin. Dad used to mate with Fred Tookey.Sung on clubs sometimes& pubs such as Otsen.(digging deep into memories now from what was passed to me by Mum & friends from Grimey).

not related,lived 38 cyclops 1943-1952 max GParents at 784 grimesthorpe Rd.till Fire about 1964.

hi Kenny, dont remember some names, but large lovely family.I moved aged 11.Was marie just younger than Paul. Is sue the youngest. Which lass was the good footballer?