Buying a taxi for personal use

Hi, since the car have is about shot, i wondered if you can buy a cab just for private use and not for working in. Reason i ask is i know they can do a hell of a lot more miles than a car, thanks.:)

At almost 30 Grand on the road I would hope it does do more miles and costs more as well. If you go for second hand one that has seen service then not worth touching with a barge pole. You get what you pay for, car or cab not much difference really at least the cars are quieter and better MPG.

Hi, since the car have is about shot, i wondered if you can buy a cab just for private use and not for working in. Reason i ask is i know they can do a hell of a lot more miles than a car, thanks.:)

not a bad idea or why not get private hire you can go through wicker then ;)

Ok cheers, oh so not as good a thought as first imagined, thanks .:)

not a bad idea or why not get private hire you can go through wicker then ;)

Well noel edmonds got caught driving in bus lanes in a black cab:hihi:

Well noel edmonds got caught driving in bus lanes in a black cab:hihi:

On a serious note though I would want to do a cab up for private use. To take out all the existing interior and rearrange the seating with leather all round and basically turn it into a custom limo. Plenty of room in there and can be luxury driving with a difference.:D

I know of one person a certain Mr Noel Edmonds got one for private use all that cash in the bank and he purchased a black cab for £200 so he could run the Taxi lanes so not to be stood in traffic is that a deal or no deal

I know Direct Cars had one recently for £16,000

I know of one person a certain Mr Noel Edmonds got one for private use all that cash in the bank and he purchased a black cab for £200 so he could run the Taxi lanes so not to be stood in traffic is that a deal or no deal

No deal - He can't run the taxi lanes...

Steven Fry was talking about bus/taxi lanes last week on Top Gear re-runs on Dave

They are slow, uncomfortable for the driver, expensive to buy, outdated with little or no safety features.

My Mother in Law ran one a few years ago and it cost a fortune in repairs.

I wouldn't like to own one knowing what happens in the back of them.

Save yourself a fortune and buy a normal car.