Remploy / flexible new deal, any one had dealings with remploy

A4E and remploy got around £3000+ if you get a job.

freindly staff. they focus more on actually getting you work, unlike A4E!!

Been told after 12 mths out of work, first time in over 30 years and with sod all support from job centre that i am to be moved on to remploy.... Who? Had 2 interviews with job centre first after 3mths told no one to see me due to sickness and they would be in touch after 6mths , called in again to be told i was out of term for job seekers and now on new deal ?, and now after 13mths called in and told i had been missed of the list and should have been seen sooner but now you are on flexible new deal moving to remploy for further job search and have a personal adviser what is this all about ???

What a sham .

Had 4 interviews in this last 12mths and still on a daily basis chasing possible work, with no help from job centre whats that saying ? If you want something doing do it your self .

I am in the same situation mate, do not know what to do and where to go to get a job, I have tried EVERYTHING....

thats bull crap

I am with A4E just now and I hate it. Don't listen to you or help you in any way. No help with a CV just chucked straight into a job (work trial for 2 weeks). Didn't get a say in if I wanted to go there or not. Just been told I have to do and if I get offered a job I have to accept even though I am miserable and I dread the day. A4E is a complete and utter waste of time. They don't care about anyone but themselves. I did write something nice when I first started at A4E because they seemed really friendly etc and now I know that wasn't the case. I am now in the process of looking for a job myself so I don't need to work at a place where I hate and am miserable at the prospect of going into work daily.

thats rubbish!!

Remploy (and all other providers) get paid a set amount depending on job out comes. its knowhere near the above amount

when people get a job they still dont get a penny so there is no point in them making people take unsuitable jobs. their payments are made once that person has been in the same employment at 3 and 6 months.

Remploy are very good.

There are 2 parts to Remploy. There are the agency offices (like jobcentres) and there are the factories, which employ mainly disabled people.

My hubby works in 1 of the factories. They shut many down 2 years ago but his luckily stayed open.

Remploy are a pleasure to work with and for.

There are severly disabled people who work in the factories and they are an inspiration to all the layabouts who could work but won't!!

Remploy are very good.

There are 2 parts to Remploy. There are the agency offices (like jobcentres) and there are the factories, which employ mainly disabled people.

My hubby works in 1 of the factories. They shut many down 2 years ago but his luckily stayed open.

Remploy are a pleasure to work with and for.

There are severly disabled people who work in the factories and they are an inspiration to all the layabouts who could work but won't!!

I worked in the payroll office of a Remploy factory in Dundee in the late 60s. These were known as sheltered workshops. The people employed in the factory had a wide variety of disabilities, some very serious, including men who had been injured in WWII and some much younger. When I started there, all the workers in the factory were men, by the time I left they had started taking on women. Equality!

I've never forgotten working there, as a young person at the time it made quite an impact as I'd not previously had any involvement with people with disabilities. The overwhelming attitude was one of independence, and pride in having a regular job.

I hope the company still offers the same level of support to anyone who is sent to them.