Police Van - Mobile speed camera

I think you are jumping the gun, you haven’t even got caught yet, the awareness courses are for first time offenders that are “just” over the limit.

I guess you are aware that if you are still within your first 12 months of driving 6 points will see you lose your licence.

i know im jumping the gun a little im just worried and feel so stupid.

yeah i am still uner 2 years, im 2 year in april.... do my points still move to 12 when im over 2 years or does that get messed up if ive been caught?

I think that less than 39 in a 30 will enable you to attend a speed awareness course..

I put just in inverted commas because I don’t know if there is a rule on the amount allowed. .

yeah i know that, its not worth not declaring... but do you have to declare if your a named driver?

Does it effect my dads insurance or is it nothing to do with him really?

Your dad will have to declare your points on his renewal....assuming he puts you on....obviously your driving record (good or bad) will affect how risky the insurance company sees you...these days I don't think 3 points makes a huge amount of difference..

yeah i am still uner 2 years, im 2 year in april.... do my points still move to 12 when im over 2 years or does that get messed up if ive been caught?

If you have 3 points in April then you'll have to get another 9 in the next 4? years to get a ban,I think...ie once your 2 years are up then you're in the real world with the rest of us.. :)

If you unknowingly do more than 30 you're breaking the law..the margin is there for descrepancies within people's speedometers...if they ping you at 36 your speedo will probably be reading nearer 40 so there's no doubt you were over the limit and knew it....

Sort of what I meant, you just put it across better than I did! ;)

I put just in inverted commas because I don’t know if there is a rule on the amount allowed. .

Fom another website....

"•the speed of the driver / rider makes them eligible for a Speed Awareness Course (ie not greater than limit +10%+6mph).

•the driver / rider has NOT attended a Speed Awareness Course within the last 3 years,

•the driver / rider must agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the offer of the Speed Awareness Course (including timescales for completion - typically 4 months from date of alleged offence)...."

Although these are only guidelines...maybe SYP have a site where they will be a bit moew definite..?

I would have thought the points would stay but you would then be allowed 12 before a ban rather than 6, as for the insurance anything the named driver does will definitely effect the main drivers premiums.

Fom another website....

"•the speed of the driver / rider makes them eligible for a Speed Awareness Course (ie not greater than limit +10%+6mph).

Although these are only guidelines...maybe SYP have a site where they will be a bit moew definite..?

In fairness then they do give you some leeway but the worrying bit is that its only a guideline.

Also how can they tell who was driving... will they be able to see if it was me or him, the car has blacked out windows at the back but not the front.

Also how can they tell who was driving... will they be able to see if it was me or him, the car has blacked out windows at the back but not the front.

Unfortunately, you'll have to fess up to your dad :o

In fairness then they do give you some leeway but the worrying bit is that its only a guideline.

Yep,but in fairness I've never heard of anyone being done for 31 :)

They'll ask your dad (the RK) who was driving at the time of the alleged offence....