Police Van - Mobile speed camera

My dad is the registerd keeper but i though they may see it was me driving and send it to me... well i was hoping anyway

Your dad will get it then. Definitely.

I believe the 10% + rule is discretionary, obviously if you got pulled for doing 32 in a 30 zone you would question the accuracy so that’s where the leeway comes into it.

Can i go on that speed awareness course or am i screwed?

Im sure its 10% plus 1mph so on a 30 road its 34mph so the camera is set to trigger at 35mph or over. They have 14 days to send the speeding notice to the registered keeper of the car.

Also hasn't the new points system come in so that if your only slightly over the limit its only 1 or 2 points and if your doing a silly speed ie nearly twice the limit then its more. Maybe someone else can clarify this point.

So when does the insuance come into it? What will heppen to the insurance?

You insurance will probably go up next year when you renew it, unfortunately. You'll have to declare that you have had points on your lisence, otherwise if you try and make a claim and they find out that you have had points on your lisence and not declared this to them, your insutance will be invalid and they won't pay out.

Can i go on that speed awareness course or am i screwed?

I think you are jumping the gun, you haven’t even got caught yet, the awareness courses are for first time offenders that are “just” over the limit.

I guess you are aware that if you are still within your first 12 months of driving 6 points will see you lose your licence.

I was almost right then: +2 not +3.

To be honest I'd rather not rely on that... at the end of the day if you knowingly do 31mph you're breaking the law.

If you unknowingly do more than 30 you're breaking the law..the margin is there for descrepancies within people's speedometers...if they ping you at 36 your speedo will probably be reading nearer 40 so there's no doubt you were over the limit and knew it....

I think you are jumping the gun, you haven’t even got caught yet, the awareness courses are for first time offenders that are “just” over the limit.

I guess you are aware that if you are still within your first 12 months of driving 6 points will see you lose your licence.

I think that less than 39 in a 30 will enable you to attend a speed awareness course..

You insurance will probably go up next year when you renew it, unfortunately. You'll have to declare that you have had points on your lisence, otherwise if you try and make a claim and they find out that you have had points on your lisence and not declared this to them, your insutance will be invalid and they won't pay out.

yeah i know that, its not worth not declaring... but do you have to declare if your a named driver?

Does it effect my dads insurance or is it nothing to do with him really?