Police Van - Mobile speed camera

Has anyone else seen the 'tripod' cameras with a fuzz behind them outside the Wednesday ground this week? Are they speed cameras???

Yep their speed cameras. http://www.speedcam.co.uk/van3.htm

Edited by Bonjon

Mobile ones don't flash. Also, they allow a certain amount over the limit to correct for any error in your speedometer. This used to be 10% of the speed, plus three mph (so for a 30mph zone, 30 + 10% = 33, add 3 = 36). I'm not sure if that still applies today.

Close - the ACPO guidelines state 10%+2MPH.

Has anyone else seen the 'tripod' cameras with a fuzz behind them outside the Wednesday ground this week? Are they speed cameras???

Not sure if this is the same but I've spotted them using what looked like a triangular grey street sign with the middle (sign bit) kicked away and the camera at the top corner. In hindsight possibly a tripod, but did look uncannily like a camera disguised in a street sign.

i believe that the current system for speeding in sheffield in a 30mph is

10% plus 4 you then get a nip (notice of intention to prosecute)

you fill in the form to challenge or accept, once yove made your decision if its an accept they will make a decision on weather to give you speed awareness course at about £100 or 3 points and £60 fine.

another driver at work gave me the info he,s just been done.

but for the exact rule you can phone 0114 296 1266 for the safety camera partnership under the freedom of information act they are oblighed to tell you.

hope this helps. (took my mate 5 days for his letter to turn up). :)

Well its been 10 days and heard nothing.... after 14 can i stop worrying or is that just a myth?

Is it 14 days for the ticket to come through or is it 14 working days?

I believe it is 14 working days.

all over the internet it just says 14 days not working days

I've never heard the term "14 working days" used, its normally "10 working days".

Think im in the clear... just rang the speed ticket people and there is nothing on there system for me and im 10 days in, count myself lucky this time.... will be watching my speedo abit more from now on i think. :)

Well its been 10 days and heard nothing.... after 14 can i stop worrying or is that just a myth?

the lad that was done at work was done on the monday and by friday the same week had filled out his reply to nip and by the tenth day had been given his date for the speed awareness course so maybe you not gonna get a letter (hope you dont :) )

Loads at the minute as a part of the Xmas drink driving campaign on Penistone Road and Shalesmoor doing random breathalysers - and probably rightly so??!!??