Police Van - Mobile speed camera

I think the ACPO guidelines are still 10% +2 so they'll start ticketing at 36 (in a 30)

I also believe it is 10% + 2...however this would be 35 in a 30 speed limit

It's only if you're the lower end of being over the limit that you're able to do the course instead of the points.

Hey,

Sorry to hear about this - i'm not going to slate you like some have done.

Unfortunately, we're not all perfect like some on this forum and we do occasionally make mistakes. Not to mention that a van near me parks illegally and out of view behind the steps of a footbridge. Just remember next time to never watch your speedo and sit and watch for those kids running around with balls!

There's a common myth that you get 10% plus X number of digits. It is just that, a myth. However, when the cameras are calibrated, some level of adjustment is allowed for speedos being slightly different.

E.G. with my sat nav, that says i'm doing 30mph, when my speedo shows about 32/33.

If you think you have been caught and are worried, then contact:

The Safety Camera Partnership can be contacted by post at:

South Yorkshire Safety Camera Partnership

PO Box 3289

SHEFFIELD

S9 2WQ

Telephone

The South Yorkshire Safety Camera Partnership is contactable by telephone on (0114) 296 1266 from Monday – Friday between the hours of 9am and 3pm.

Email

The Partnership can be contacted by email at:

info@safetycamera.org

State that you were wondering if they could advise if there is a notice of intended prosecution and where you were travelling and when. They may require your registration plate.

I've contacted them in the past when I thought I had been caught and I didn't want to wait 2 weeks as I was going away. I e-mailed them and they came back to me stating they had no record of intended prosecution on the system. I never received a fixed penalty notice.

Hope this helps.

you seem very worried over it.do you have other points already or shouldnt you be driving your dads car

Don't worry about it, Just put it down to experience. I've been driving for just over twenty years and about 18 years ago I got a caught doing 38mph in a 30 zone. I've watched my speed ever since.

All these people accusing you of not watching the road is a load of bull. Excessive speeding is serious and people caught doing it should have the book thrown at them.

Your're a young driver and you've made a mistake, not committed murder. Don't get yourself worked up about it, you might not even hear anything from them, but if you do, take it on the chin, it's your first and learn from it.

Edited by verona
spelling

If the said van was fully liveried up van with hi-viz and camera logos it will be a speed trap van on the other hand if it was a plain white van then more than likely it will be either "V.O.S.A" OR "D.V.L.A"

Not to mention that a van near me parks illegally and out of view behind the steps of a footbridge.

Where was this van parked?

Always OBEY the LAW because, they have a divine right to rule. :loopy:

its always on wordsworth at bottom of doe royd cresent/ wordsworth ave was there yesterday always is

Sorry to hear about this - i'm not going to slate you like some have done.

Unfortunately, we're not all perfect like some on this forum and we do occasionally make mistakes.

Nobody on this forum is perfect. Some of us do believe that when we make mistakes, we should chin up and pay for them, without trying to weasel out of loopholes - but since the OP has never asked for any loopholes to weasel out of, there's no point condemning her for doing so.

its always on wordsworth at bottom of doe royd cresent/ wordsworth ave was there yesterday always is

Yup see it there at least once a week if it isnt there then its either on shirecliffe road or the 30 section (just after the 40) on halifax road.

we sould be allowed to burn the van wi the person in it

And again in English????

Its not the persons fault in the van for people daft enough to be caught by them.

They were there again this lunchtime, sat in their van on Rivelin Valley Road.

What a shocking waste of resources this is.

Money-grabbing plonkers. Let's fleece the motorist, a quick £30 here or £60 there. Why, an easier target you couldn't find.

The thing is, it IS an utter waste of time as motorists coming the other way flash you to warn you that they're there and because they ARE there so often, I slow down way in advance so they've no chance of catching me.

Not that I drive fast nor certainly condone people driving faster than the limit. But the accident blackspots on RVR aren't along this manned stretch which explains clearly that targeting motorists here is nothing more than stealing yet more cash.