Police Van - Mobile speed camera

Can someone explain the rules of these vans as i think i may have just been caught slightly over the speed limit.

How long till the fine comes through if i have been caught and is it addressed to the registered keep of the car (logbook)...

How many points do they give you and whats the fine?

Also is there a way of finding out if it did get you before they write to you as i really want to know.

And i think ive heard of speeding course you can go on if its your first offence so to learn, is this true?

Thanks

Can someone explain the rules of these vans as i think i may have just been caught slightly over the speed limit.

How long till the fine comes through if i have been caught and is it addressed to the registered keep of the car (logbook)...

How many points do they give you and whats the fine?

Also is there a way of finding out if it did get you before they write to you as i really want to know.

And i think ive heard of speeding course you can go on if its your first offence so to learn, is this true?

Thanks

Usually £60 and 3 points :(

I don't think they'll tell you before but I think they have to issue it within a fortnight after being zapped.

Bad luck mate - Where was the camera??

Its on wordworth avenue near chaucer school, do they usually flash because me and my two mates in the car didn't see it flash? but we only relised the camera once we was bang next to it :(

Its on wordworth avenue near chaucer school, do they usually flash because me and my two mates in the car didn't see it flash? but we only relised the camera once we was bang next to it :(

Not sure as they are usually hidden in the back of the van.

Mobile ones don't flash. Also, they allow a certain amount over the limit to correct for any error in your speedometer. This used to be 10% of the speed, plus three mph (so for a 30mph zone, 30 + 10% = 33, add 3 = 36). I'm not sure if that still applies today.

Does the ticket go to the registered keeper or is it the insurance?

Cus i am a named driver on my dads insurance so i am hoping they will send it to me and not him or does it go the the registered owner?

Cus i am a named driver on my dads insurance so i am hoping they will send it to me and not him or does it go the the registered owner?

It goes to the registered owner of the vehicle. The insurance doesn't come into it at this stage.

Mobile ones don't flash. Also, they allow a certain amount over the limit to correct for any error in your speedometer. This used to be 10% of the speed, plus three mph (so for a 30mph zone, 30 + 10% = 33, add 3 = 36). I'm not sure if that still applies today.

I think the ACPO guidelines are still 10% +2 so they'll start ticketing at 36 (in a 30)

Who's the RK?

I think the ACPO guidelines are still 10% +2 so they'll start ticketing at 36 (in a 30)

I was almost right then: +2 not +3.

To be honest I'd rather not rely on that... at the end of the day if you knowingly do 31mph you're breaking the law.

My dad is the registerd keeper but i though they may see it was me driving and send it to me... well i was hoping anyway

So when does the insuance come into it? What will heppen to the insurance?