Flooding due to the rain this weekend!!

anywhere flooded yet due to the rain???

Maybe the council have sorted out all the blocked/shoddy drains that didnt help Sheffield last time we flooded, so maybe nowhere would flood??

Me hoping anyway. . . .

Me also, i am at my girlfriends near Staveley and its starting to flood on the roads to eckington, just had to trek out for the sunday paper :)

its flooded here, i'm floating down the road on my sofa typing this

Maybe the council have sorted out all the blocked/shoddy drains that didnt help Sheffield last time we flooded, so maybe nowhere would flood??

Me hoping anyway. . . .

Dream on LOL

The council have not learned a thing since the last floods just look at the Fife Street Bridge & Upwell Street bridge for example after a few drops of rain people get stuck with flooded engines etc which cost people a lot to put right these days.

Just my view though.

Floods? lol Right, it is raining a bit and people ASSUME we are in the dark ages and going to flood every time... lol.

Me hoping anyway. . . .

Where do you think the water in the drains goes? It goes in to the Don.

river don at the bottom of our garden is up about 2 foot.

nowt to worry about........YET!:)

Dream on LOL

The council have not learned a thing since the last floods just look at the Fife Street Bridge & Upwell Street bridge for example after a few drops of rain people get stuck with flooded engines etc which cost people a lot to put right these days.

Just my view though.

I did contact SCC a year or so ago to complain about blocked drains chucking loads of rainwater out, and mentioned the floods of a few years ago and asked whether they hadn't learned from that. They replied to say that on analysis, blocked drains hadn't been a significant factor in that flooding. And I guess Longcol is right, they just drain into the Don anyway.

Where do you think the water in the drains goes? It goes in to the Don.

Maybe so but if the drains are blocked it cant can it! and it just collects and floods the roads :roll:

River Sheaf and Porter Brook

Current status:Flood Watch

Region:NortheastUpdates:

Call floodline on 0845 988 1188 and enter area number 137803 to get more information

Issued at 12:25, check Environment Agency website for more details

Edited by SYorksDeano