My 6 mth old kittens not come home (now found safe and well!)

:( He usually comes straight in when we get home, like our older cat, but he's nowhere to be seen tonight.

I'm really worried. Now before anyone starts with "cats wander, etc" i'm aware of this. But our cats go out in the day and are in at night. He's never been out this late - he's usually quite happily curled up on my knee at this time in an evening :(.

I could sit here and just cry really! Been out on the road, shouting him and shaking his treats box, to no avail. He's got a very loud, distinctive meow, and can't even hear him making a noise or anything.

If anyone lives around Algar Crescent/Dagnam Road, S2, please keep an eye out for a grey semi long haired kitten, answers to the name of Merlin. I'm going out of my mind.

Was only this morning me and my husband were praising how well we'd got him trained - obviously spoke too soon!!

Can I suggest you put notices up in local shops? I would like to bet someone has taken him in. They will see a kitten out in the cold and think he's lost. It's more likely that will have happened than anything bad so try not to worry.

Can't do much tonight, going to keep going out to give him a shout, but if he stays out all night, going to go door-knocking and will put some notices up if we can't find him. He's a little bugger, and as fast as owt, so i'm betting he's probably got into someones house or shed without them knowing. I'm just worried - my adult cat has had the odd occassion where he hasn't come in at night during the summer, but has showed his face at least to show us he's safe!!!

Has he been neutered Mrs M? If not he might be looking for a mate. It's a worrying time - oh I do hope he comes back soon.

Has he been neutered Mrs M? If not he might be looking for a mate. It's a worrying time - oh I do hope he comes back soon.

He was neutered a month ago. Made sure he was as soon as we could for this reason.

If you've got the same weather here as we've got here then he could be sheltering somewhere rather than coming in through the rain when you call him, especially if he was a way away when it started raining.

The other thing you could consider is if he's not home when it gets all quiet later, put some of his dirty cat litter outside the door to act as a smelly 'homing beacon' and set out to go and call him with his food bowl and some crunchies (they make a good thing to shake in the bowl and get his attention) and a torch. Get wrapped up well so you can walk quietly and just call occasionally and listen for noises.

Lots of inexperienced cats and kittens get lost when they go too far, or get scared off their territory by an older or bigger cat, or a dog, or they cross a road and are then too afraid to cross back to get home again, so go out when it's quiet and make sure that you are a beacon of safety and love for him if he's out there and scared.

Don't worry too much yet- the odds are still very much in your favour that you'll get him back safe and well (and just a little bit wiser for his experiences).

Awe, I hope Merlin soon comes home. He's a gorgeous cat. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

mrs m - don't despair. A lovely lady who I homed two kits to rang a few weeks ago to say one of them had done a walkabout. They were in despair. And I told them to do exactly what Medusa has said. She left on the lights during the night, left food out, old cat lit, and kept rattling the bikky packet. And the kit had been in the neighbour's garden all the time - 2 days and 2 nights. It was only because she had told the entire neighbourhood about her missing kit that people were aware and helped to catch it. Keep rattling that box love, and fingers crossed. x

Thanks Magsie and Medusa. He's still not back, been out all night. Left a light on last night, and had all the windows open incase we heard him (he's got a very loud meow!!). Had a wander round the estate again this morning, me and hubs have said if he isn't back tomorrow, we will make some slips at work to post through peoples letter boxes (we don't have a printer at home, or i'd be doing it now!!).

My adult cat has never done this - yes, he's been out over night, but he's showed his face to let us know he's ok, just teased us by sitting at the end of the path as though to say "nope, I am NOT coming in!!!!"

Merlins very well trained - he only uses his litter tray if we aren't around. He sits by the door to be let out to do his business, so where ever he his, trapped somewhere or in someones house - he'll have made a mess by now!!!! He's usually waking us up at 8am to be let out.

Oh, and we didn't put the tray or food out either - have been scaled in the past for leaving food out, as if an infected cat eats it, could put our cat at risk (was told this by a rescue place when we were looking for a kitten) and as I said above, he rarely uses his tray, plus it was pouring down with rain, so would have just got saturated.

Hope he turns up soon Mrs M, when we had cats they went on walk abouts on a few occasions, once getting locked in next door neighbours,and once we were walking around the streets shouting her name and it was raining and when we got home she turned up in the sock drawer under the bed and looked at us as if to say, why have you been out in the rain.

They are very inquisitive animals and could be in a garden shed,garage etc.

Good luck.

Thanks. My neighbours have been out checking their sheds for us this morning and their spare rooms, he's been known to sneek in!!! No avail :-(