Sign in to follow this  

Old YTV logos

This is a really good nostalga site. It features the old TV company logos, the sort of thing that comes on just before a TV programme. The web site is:

www.625.uk.com

then click on TV Logos index!

Originally posted by alchresearch

This is a really good nostalga site. It features the old TV company logos, the sort of thing that comes on just before a TV programme. The web site is:

http://www.625.uk.com

then click on TV Logos index!

wow, weird site, that was a blast from the past.

i love sites like this i can happily lose myself for hours on end looking at tv logos and theme tunes etc:thumbsup:

Pity you don't have that hideous chevron anymore - all generic Granada/Carlton branding. At least SMG (Grampian & STV) have kept their's.

Even Harlech for the Welsh is generic.

And they have endcaps too - the above sites.

In layman's terms, an endcap is a "Produced by Meridian" or whatever.

In the early 80's, the company that produced the programme - i.e Thames, would have their logo shown on another region when their [Thames] programmes were shown. I believe this was dropped in 1989 when ITV went semi-generic with their doo-doo-do-do music and the franchise's name underneath. Although regions were not forced to use it, some did. Most realised it was crap, so kept their own logo's.

Remember when you and Tyne Tees were renamed to Channel 3? Or was this just TTTV? In around 1999, the Carlton owned franchises - Westcountry, London (Not LWT), Central and HTV (West and Wales) had a generic Carlton logo - this was the sign of "generic ITV".

The Granada-owned ITV's kept their own logos, and everyone went to the hearts system; then in 2002, they had those silly celebrities - London (carlton) lost any of it's identity it had, as there wasn't even "this is hte news for London", where as at least the other regions had "it's 6pm, now we join Calandar" or whatever - all be it on crappy generic ITV branding.

There's now bugger all regional programming and programming from ITV plc is dire, as the word 'Celebrity' is featured in it.