What was the name of the pub..

What was the name of that pub in the centre that had a courtyard with stars painted on the ceiling? And what's it called now?

Thanks

It was the stone house . think its closed now , part of tk maxx . x

What was the name of that pub in the centre that had a courtyard with stars painted on the ceiling? And what's it called now?

Thanks

There wasn't one. You kept falling asleep in the gutter and waking up at 3am. :hihi:

That brings back memories that was the first pub I worked in. The owner was a bit of a tyrant he was German I think. I used to love being asked to make sandwiches I used to pinch the prawns every time I went in the fridge.

Oh happy days.

Thanks

The Stonehouse in the 60's and early 70's was the best pub in the town centre.

There was another thread about the Stonehouse on here not too long ago that also had a link of some old pictures of the Stonehouse. You might want to search for it.

That brings back memories that was the first pub I worked in. The owner was a bit of a tyrant he was German I think...

If we're talking late 1960s/early 1970s that would have been Bill Hoffman*. He was actually Dutch, and I can quite imagine he would have been a hard taskmaster. He went from the Stone House to the Pheasant at Oughtibridge.

*.His first name was actually Wynand but "Bill" sounded better..:)

That brings back memories that was the first pub I worked in. The owner was a bit of a tyrant he was German I think. I used to love being asked to make sandwiches I used to pinch the prawns every time I went in the fridge.

Oh happy days.

remember going in the pub in the 80s and there was a middle age quite thin bloke behind the bar. He had a grey beard. He never semed to smile to anyone, he semed a right grumpy old sod