Why do disabled badge holders get free parking?

im not saying every1 who gets it doesnt deserve it but when u see poeple who are clearly not in need of it it saviorly gets on my nerves expessially when u see them using the money they recieve for the most stupid of things that i myself couldnt affored even if i saved for numerouse monthes

Originally posted by sunshiner

im not saying every1 who gets it doesnt deserve it but when u see poeple who are clearly not in need of it it saviorly gets on my nerves expessially when u see them using the money they recieve for the most stupid of things that i myself couldnt affored even if i saved for numerouse monthes

And may i ask you who you class as does not deserve it.

do you know that you can be abled bodied and still get dla and also work on dla..im not in a chair nor is my other friend but we in the catogory to have dla.if i was not i wont be on it.

some people who have mental health problems are on dla as that class as disablity..also very bad dipression is i know i been on with it.but just becuase some people dont look like they should not be on it not your place to say..they got granted that dla as they fit into the needs to get it...and what ever they want to spend they money on is up to them.you can say same thing about people on dole.they spend it on what ever they want to.and how do you know that some of that money not goin for help of that person.

Originally posted by sunshiner

So please tell us more about how you can see if people deserve to get DLA, go on tell us it will be interesting to see your reasoning.

i know a few people who are claiming benifits basicly screwing the system and working on fiddle if u understand what i meen i dont believe this is right some of these people of which i know of are on dla as well and this i believe is wrong

do u understand what i meen im not saying every 1 but a select few i myself would love to go back to work but at this moment in time am unable but the job centre is forcing me by saying they will stop my money unless i do its a long unjust and corrupt system

what i would call a just system is for them to recognise different peoples situations myself and my partner have gone through hell and back with finances due to things beyond our controll and resulting in this he is suffering with savior depression suicidal tendancies and self harms if the system was a little more fairer then a lot of peoples problems not all would be easily rectified if we hadnt had these problems i believe my partner wouldnt be having these problems that he is suffering with at this moment in time which is causing savior strain on our life

i just wish that

I COULD LIVE A LIFE NOT JUST EXIST

Sunshiner, I can understand your frustration but you can't judge others because you don't get it.

It does depend a lot on your doctor and what the doctor says to try and get you DLA.

Your first post was very ignorant. I'm 17 and disabled. I have a severe condition called Klippel Trenaunay Syndrome. Sometimes I can walk far and put up with the pain, other days I can hardly walk at all, some days I'm in a wheelchair.

I can't work because the only jobs I can get outside of college are the 'typical teenage jobs' such as MacDonalds, bar jobs etc. where I would be stood up all the time. The disease I have also causes me chronic fatigue and there's no way I could work as well as college.

So I can't work, and need that money. I now don't get any money. I have had to go back to my parents for them to pay me petrol money as I swapped my DLA for a car so that I could get around. So no, I'm not rich and getting richer.

As for the mother and child spaces. I don't have a problem with them to be honest, however, I think what people were upset about was mothers with a 'child' that isn't a new child.

Perhaps, if it causes this much controversy the mother and child ought to stipulate that they are only for mothers with a baby of a certain age.

I can understand though, that when you go shopping with your kids and you've got all these carrier bags, you don't want to be walking very far with kids when you can't hold their hands and you're around cars. So, maybe they're not such a bad idea!

As far as my disease is concerned, some days I can walk pretty well, in which case I may use a disabled space but not one that's very very close so that people with a blue badge but worse off than me that day can park there.

I try not to park on double yellows even though I can. I believe that they are there for a reason and it's quite mad that you can't use your blue badge to park on residents only roads, but you can use it to park on double yellow lines! The double yellows are a safety feature!

If I am ok, I will not use it or I will leave spaces closer to the destination so that people who are having more trouble can get parked closer.

I am not abusing it though and I don't know where I'd be right now without this initiative.

Sunshiner, Please, don't react like that as it just makes people look at you badly or think you are ignorant.

Try and make your argument clearer and calm down before you write it. Believe me, I've reacted badly to posts too and I've really regretted my quick temper!

well im left fuming by some of the wording from sunshiner. MY 4 year old daughter is disabled with cerebral palsy has only 25 per cent vision in one eye and has a rare type of type 1 diabetes and in your wording begrudge her a disabled badge she wears splints as she walks on her ankles is lucky if she can walk 10 metres . the money in which she get high rate for both go into a bank account for her solely and because i work im not entitle to carers allowance which i wouldnt want anyway as it is a pleasure to be looking after such a gorgeous child and with all her problems she still manages to smile every day i work a 16 hour week and my days off constist of hospital appointment as she is under the childrens,hallamshire,northern general and ryegate which we go to every week and im am lucky if i get 4 hours sleep a night but hold on im not the one with a disability my daughter is so i think you arnt to keep your mouth shut and think before you speak as you have offended my daughter and i and properly alot more

Originally posted by owdlad

Let's get this clear, because you don't get DLA you begrudge others getting it. How sad.

My only advice to you would be to appeal the decision not to grant you DLA. Then try not to be so bitter that other people do receive it when you obviously don't qualify for it.

To be fair to the poster you quoted though, I know from personal experience that getting ANYTHING you're entitled to out of the DSS is like getting blood out of a stone.. If you don't answer the questions on the form in a certain way, they'll turn round and say you're not entitled to a penny without a second thought..

I was lucky though, we had one of the Managers from the company who support me to help with the wording of what we put down on the form, I have asperger's syndrome you see, which is a mild form of autism.. I'm also chronically deaf and have mobility problems.

But would I have gotten a penny without the help of good old Phil Sadler?! Probably not cos the system sucks, I came off the Dole just prior to getting DLA cos the Dole system is unfair to disabled clients, and that's putting my thoughts politely.. :rant:

i agree rich, the paperwork is dreadful but sunshiner shouldnt be pulling disabled people to bits as many of the disabled people wish they wasnt disabled and would give anything for a normal life as i would if i could for my daughter

Originally posted by Rich

To be fair to the poster you quoted though, I know from personal experience that getting ANYTHING you're entitled to out of the DSS is like getting blood out of a stone.. If you don't answer the questions on the form in a certain way, they'll turn round and say you're not entitled to a penny without a second thought..

I was lucky though, we had one of the Managers from the company who support me to help with the wording of what we put down on the form, I have asperger's syndrome you see, which is a mild form of autism.. I'm also chronically deaf and have mobility problems.

But would I have gotten a penny without the help of good old Phil Sadler?! Probably not cos the system sucks, I came off the Dole just prior to getting DLA cos the Dole system is unfair to disabled clients, and that's putting my thoughts politely.. :rant:

That's exactly why I told her to appeal Rich, I know from past experience that almost every decision goes against you the first time you apply.

I know the system stinks and there are some who abuse it, and just as many worthy cases get knocked back simply because the system is geared to making it difficult to get DLA, however it doesn't make it right for sunshiner to go off on one at others who have got DLA just because she was rejected.

I have a blue badge, but I still always pay for parking, I only use the badge to park on double yellows, so i dont have to walk asfar

________

Motorcycle tires

Edited by TheBlueDragon