Why do disabled badge holders get free parking?

Don't ge me wrong, I'm not saying that they shouldn't but I can't understand the logic of it at all.

Are they any worse off than your average old aged pensioner? I don't think so.

Does payment involve an extra strain on their mobility? I don't think so.

So why do they not have to pay like the rest of the population?

My girlfriends uncle got £50 for not displaying his badge proply, a slight mistake but they didnt let him off for it.

Don't ge me wrong, I'm not saying that they shouldn't but I can't understand the logic of it at all.

Are they any worse off than your average old aged pensioner? I don't think so.

Does payment involve an extra strain on their mobility? I don't think so.

So why do they not have to pay like the rest of the population?

Stop asking stupid questions, many can't work because they are disabled so it is designed to make a difficult situation easier, give me strength.

Hi Lotti,

I am hoping you still use this forum as I have a 5 year old with KTS and would like to chat with you. Both myself and my daughter are blue badge holders as are unable to walk very far. I think that the free parking is allowed because it's not like we are able to spend hours walking round the shops.

Hi Lotti,

I am hoping you still use this forum as I have a 5 year old with KTS and would like to chat with you. Both myself and my daughter are blue badge holders as are unable to walk very far. I think that the free parking is allowed because it's not like we are able to spend hours walking round the shops.

Lotti doesn't use the forum that much any more, but I know her so I've messaged her to tell her about your message :)

Welcome to Sheffield Forum BTW :)

Hi Lotti,

http://www.gosh.nhs.uk/medical-information/search-for-medical-conditions/klippel-trenaunay-syndrome/klippel-trenaunay-syndrome-information/

For anyone interested which I am.

Welcome to the forum

Thanks for the message medusa :)

sammiibubble I'll message you :)

Hi Lotti,

I seriously doubt the blue badge scheme was introduced to help you with your shopping. It would make no sense.

I seriously doubt the blue badge scheme was introduced to help you with your shopping. It would make no sense.

Blue badges (or orange, as they were) were introduced to help people with disabilities get closer to living a normal life which does include shopping, as well as all other aspects of life.

What other reasons can you think of that they would exist?

.... and its not fair .....
that's right it's not fair that some people are disabled. Whatever they get, I don't ever want to swap my physical abilities for more money

Loss of mobility with age is one of the fears I have of getting older

that's right it's not fair that some people are disabled. Whatever they get, I don't ever want to swap my physical abilities for more money

Loss of mobility with age is one of the fears I have of getting older

I certainly would swap the loss of use of my right arm (and I'm right handed), degenerative back problems meaning that I can't even sit upright for more than a short time without my feet going dead, chronic sciatica, a knee that is too damaged for even a knee replacement to make it better and chronic pain for over 20 years with anybody who also wanted my blue badge.

I'd jump (that is, if I could actually jump, which I can't) at that deal, as long as I got to use my qualifications to earn a decent income, spend at least some of my day doing something without pain and think without the treacle in my brain from the painkillers.

Fabulous deal- any takers?

Blue Badge holders only get free parking in some places, often they still have to pay.

If I may say.

As far as I believe, the blue badge is supplied for the disadvantaged to park nearer where they need to be.

---------- Post added 02-07-2014 at 14:50 ----------

I hate the word ''Disabled''.

Everyone is able to do something.

---------- Post added 02-07-2014 at 14:52 ----------

Even if it's only to smile and be pleasant.