Allotment officer job now advertised

oh nice article ... glad the closing date for applications has been, I was so tempted.

His job has seen him tend to every aspect of managing 3,300 plots on 76 sites around the city, trying to make sure they are kept up to standard, sorting out rents, removing flytipping and monitoring new sites.

the above statement is a joke, i am going to the office with pics of my allotment as it has been unused for 5 years after 6 months got a letter saying i would be thrown off because of lack of cultivation and not keeping the hedge at a suiteable height, asked this man for a bit of help as it was not my rubbish and the hedge had not been cut for over 5 years, the reply was its your allotment get it sorted, had the same response from other people on the same site, if i dont get any response the citizen advice have told me to go to the local paper as the plot was not suiteablefor the purpose it was advertised for

His job has seen him tend to every aspect of managing 3,300 plots on 76 sites around the city, trying to make sure they are kept up to standard, sorting out rents, removing flytipping and monitoring new sites.

the above statement is a joke, i am going to the office with pics of my allotment as it has been unused for 5 years after 6 months got a letter saying i would be thrown off because of lack of cultivation and not keeping the hedge at a suiteable height, asked this man for a bit of help as it was not my rubbish and the hedge had not been cut for over 5 years, the reply was its your allotment get it sorted, had the same response from other people on the same site, if i dont get any response the citizen advice have told me to go to the local paper as the plot was not suiteablefor the purpose it was advertised for

Totally agree with the officers response. Six months is a reasonable amount of time to expect the hedge to be cut and signs of cultivation taking place. So you want him to cut the hedge and remove the rubbish for you? I bet you would like him also to start digging and planting up too?

Allotments are very hard work and you only get out what you put in. Stop moaning and let someone on the waiting list make a success of it.:mad:

Totally agree with the officers response. Six months is a reasonable amount of time to expect the hedge to be cut and signs of cultivation taking place. So you want him to cut the hedge and remove the rubbish for you? I bet you would like him also to start digging and planting up too?

Allotments are very hard work and you only get out what you put in. Stop moaning and let someone on the waiting list make a success of it.:mad:

He didn't seem to recognise signs of cultivation on mine...

The passing of John Martin can only be a good thing - the new chap Michael Peacock I hope will be much 'fairer' and less open to manipulation than his predecesser? Michael takes post I'm told from Monday