Indian Sweet Shop - Abbeydale Road

Does anyone know what the Indian sweet shop on Abbeydale Road is called? I drove past it today, and noticed it has a website, but I've completely forgotten it's name! It's in the unit in between the picture house, and Shah Supermarket. Pictured here, before the sweetshop opened...

It's definitely something similar; beginning with an A and with a Y in the middle. Tried loads of combinations and keep getting adverts for holidays in Turkey!

Could it be Alyan?

Bingo. Thanks Katya - now I just need to find the website!

EDIT - found it, http://www.alyansweets.com, if anyone's interested. Poor website though; wanted to know what they sold but guess I'll have to go down in person.

Edited by brianthedog
Added more info.

Bingo. Thanks Katya - now I just need to find the website!

EDIT - found it, http://www.alyansweets.com, if anyone's interested. Poor website though; wanted to know what they sold but guess I'll have to go down in person.

They do all sorts - I don't know anything about south Asian sweets, but they've got a huge display, and when I tried a few, they were very tasty! They also do a selection of savoury food.

They do all sorts - I don't know anything about south Asian sweets, but they've got a huge display, and when I tried a few, they were very tasty! They also do a selection of savoury food.

Savoury is what I'm after! I noticed a banner listing all the foods. In particular, I'm looking for something called bakawadi which I've never managed to find in shops in Sheffield!

what you are looking for is bhakarwadi or bakarwadi. The tastiest one is made by Chitale bandhu mithaiwale in Pune, India. Unlikely you will get it in Sheffield, Leicester perhaps. I usually get my stock whenever anyone is coming over from India, that is all I ask for! Now you are making my mouth water!

I read this as SWEAT shop at first :hihi:

Is Alyan pronounced-alien?? :P

what you are looking for is bhakarwadi or bakarwadi. The tastiest one is made by Chitale bandhu mithaiwale in Pune, India. Unlikely you will get it in Sheffield, Leicester perhaps. I usually get my stock whenever anyone is coming over from India, that is all I ask for! Now you are making my mouth water!

Ah, Pune. What memories. Confined to the hotel room, squirting bum gravy for about 4 days after that ill-advised potato salad in Goa. Oddly, the first thing we ate afterwards was a Picnic bar and it was heaven.

Had some lovely sweets in Port Blair though. Ooh, yes!

Its called ALYAN. Ive been there myself and would recommend you go in person as you can pick the ones you want and have a taste! There are so many different ones your spoilt for choice.