Whats the best way to get to Dublin?

Just wondered if anyone had any recommendations for going to Dublin, bearing in mind that there are no longer any flights from Robin Hood airport.

I'm planning on going in Spring sometime and don't drive.

The only other time I've been was on a night train from Manchester to Holyhead and it was awful.

Thanks in advance :)

I understand that if the rain continues you should soon be able to sail directly from Cockermouth.:hihi:

Couldn't you fly from Manchester? I'm sure Ryanair would look after you.

I understand that if the rain continues you should soon be able to sail directly from Cockermouth.:hihi:

Thats not very nice is it ?? bear in mind the answer to the question "where do you come from?" Not only do they have to endure the constant jokes about why they named the town so... they get bloody flooded :huh: Well.... its not the wynn gardens posse bleating again is it ;):hihi::hihi:

I've flown Leeds-Bradford to Dublin a number of times via Aer Lingus and it's always been really prompt with short check ins, but it's not the easiest of airports to get to by public transport and someone else was paying my tab so I didn't have a chance to notice quite how expensive it was.

we went via ryan air from leeds bradford, we drove to the airport, but im sure you can get a coach from meadowhall?

I've flown Leeds-Bradford to Dublin a number of times via Aer Lingus and it's always been really prompt with short check ins, but it's not the easiest of airports to get to by public transport and someone else was paying my tab so I didn't have a chance to notice quite how expensive it was.

Yah, same. Long bus journey from the train station, but it all worked out Ok. I know someone who regularly does the flights from Manchester as well.

I regularly travel from Manchester airport, using either Ryanair or Aer Lingus - trains direct to the airport are hourly (though of course indirect trains via Manchester are more frequent), and it's really no hassle at all. You could also use Leeds, Liverpool, East Midlands (AFAIK), but it's far more straightforward and hassle-free to use Manchester...

Cheers folks, looks like train to Manchester airport is the best bet.