So, when IS the next meet then?

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Not everyone is smoker too. So a smoke free environment might be an idea!

Also anyone up for either of the following:

Comedy evening at the Lescar Hotel.

Bowling at Hollywood Bowl.

[/list=a]

Sorry, if it's smoke free, then count me out.:(

Bonfine meet sounds great ... gets my vote ! ...

Are there any organised ones we could go to ? ... maybe with fairground rides and toffee apples and parkin and stuff ?

They used to have a really big one in Norfork park ... but that one stopped about 10(ish) years ago.

Any ideas of where we could hold our own bonfire ??? I'd be happy to chuck a tener in the kitty ...

[/list=a]

Yes and Yes!

oh and there's a dance machine at hollywood bowl!

Originally posted by Foxxx

oh and there's a dance machine at hollywood bowl!

Excuse my ignorance - what's a 'Dance Machine'??

Nomme

Not everyone is smoker too. So a smoke free environment might be an idea!

[/list=a]

YEP ... to both the bowling and the comedy night ...

I'm not a smoker DB ... and I hate going out to smoke saturated places and stinking of smoke (in my clothes) at the end of the evening.

I can cope with a bit of smoke though ... just finding that happy medium (i know one in bradford ... only joking).

Suggestions we have so far are:

1) Another pub meet with optional going on to a club.

2) A meal based evening (chinese YUM ... or a curry).

3) A bonfire (or haloween .. spelling?) meet ... I recon bonfire would be best.

4) Bowling.

5) Comedy night at the Lescar.

Anything that anyone would like to do?

I suggest we pick 2 ideas and plan those. We can always keep the other ideas for future use ...

Louise, I too would be interested to know if anyone here would be interested in the lunch meet up. I work in the city centre and find it hard to get along to meet ups as I have to commute here so a lunch meet would be very useful for me as I won't have to endure the rail system more than I have to.

Being as the MAIN idea, I thought, of a Forum meet is to 'meet', socialize and exchange ideas, I vote for #1.

I'm all for 'splinter-groups' meeting, etc - but please, being as many members have their own social lives, and families - can we not concentrate on the main reason for a meet. After a meet. people can do their own thing and go for a meal or to a club, etc, or simply just go home to their family.

The Washington is spacious and not full of tobacco smoke - as you should know Jamie.

Originally posted by nommedenet

Excuse my ignorance - what's a 'Dance Machine'??

Nomme

One of those arcade machines with the grid on the floor (up, dowm, left, right), the screen in front plays music and has arrows moving (up, down, left, right) you move your feet in time to the arrows and have to be spot on to get a good score. Its gets more complicated if you go on harder levels because there might be a left and right arrow at the same time so the only way to do that would be jump and land on the left and right pads.

Hope that makes sense. Its very funny after a few drinks and two can play in pairs!

I must agree with CW on this one. A meet is an opportunity to exchange views and ideas which would be difficult if we are in a comedy club or ooh, aahing at a bonfire.

The Washington sounds fine. Do they still have a collection of teapots adorning the place?

Originally posted by Foxxx

One of those arcade machines with the grid on the floor (up, dowm, left, right), the screen in front plays music and has arrows moving (up, down, left, right) you move your feet in time to the arrows and have to be spot on to get a good score. Its gets more complicated if you go on harder levels because there might be a left and right arrow at the same time so the only way to do that would be jump and land on the left and right pads.

Hope that makes sense. Its very funny after a few drinks and two can play in pairs!

Ah OK. I get it. Ta.

Nomme

Originally posted by max

I must agree with CW on this one. A meet is an opportunity to exchange views and ideas which would be difficult if we are in a comedy club or ooh, aahing at a bonfire.

The Washington sounds fine. Do they still have a collection of teapots adorning the place?

It was my first time in for almost forty years (the old pub) - and for just about forty minutes, but my 'periphial vision memory banks' seem to be stimulated on your mention of teapots Max.

Let's have the next Meet there and find out.:lol:

How about a organizing charity event, maybe when it warmer again

I.E.

Sponser cycling

Absailing down a building in Sheffield.

that kind of thing.

This is something that would raise SheffieldForum profile.