Should we move to S7 or S11?

S11 isn't just the studenty bits, it also covers Whirlow and Greystones; both very nice areas.

Personally i like Millhouses, but certain areas in S7 i would stear clear of.. Nether Edge in some parts i would not be confortable living, but other parts (away from Abbeydale Road) are really nice.

Abbeydale Road is fine. Wouldnt go any further into town than say Broadfield road though. Most of Nether Edge is fine as well.

That's just my personal preference, most of NE is ok but as i said parts are not so nice, mainly the parts closest to Abbeydale Road. I'm generalising slightly though.

That's just my personal preference, most of NE is ok but as i said parts are not so nice, mainly the parts closest to Abbeydale Road. I'm generalising slightly though.

Only slightly:rolleyes:

Would you like my reply to include a road by road review? I know the area, the OP asked whether S7 or S11 was better, i was simply replying to say it's not that simple :rolleyes:

Abbeydale Road is fine. Wouldnt go any further into town than say Broadfield road though. Most of Nether Edge is fine as well.

Abbeydale Road SOUTH is fine....along millhouse park etc...although still lots of traffic. Abbeydale Road from the Broadfield to Tesco Petrol station is fairly grim.

Abbeydale Road SOUTH is fine....along millhouse park etc...although still lots of traffic. Abbeydale Road from the Broadfield to Tesco Petrol station is fairly grim.

On what basis.

It may not be the smartest district in Sheffield but it is a nice and safe place to live. Everything on your doorstep.

On what basis.

It may not be the smartest district in Sheffield but it is a nice and safe place to live. Everything on your doorstep.

I'd agree..EVERYTHING on your doorstep...vomit, chips, beer bottles...

Come on Phylis, its not great area is it ? Nether edge near Abbeydale road isn't great either. Chippinhouse road for example...nice buildings, but not a great area. Nether edge up by the Marriot hotel is much better.

On the basis that every other week there seems to be an incident involving the police, there are far worse areas but there are far better ones.

I'd agree..EVERYTHING on your doorstep...vomit, chips, beer bottles...

Come on Phylis, its not great area is it ? Nether edge near Abbeydale road isn't great either. Chippinhouse road for example...nice buildings, but not a great area. Nether edge up by the Marriot hotel is much better.

In the 7 years that we lived there i can honestly say we never had vomit, chips or beer bottles left on our doorstep. Our house was set back from the road with a forecourt to the front. We lived far enough from the pubs (about bang in the middle from either the broadfield and the millhouses) that drunks where not an issue.

Traffic noise was an issue at first but we soon got used to that. The traffic never stops, but you pretty quickly use the traffic noise to gauge the time of day/night.

I am as we speak sat in my office in Nether Edge looking out of the window and can see no problems at all. Nice green suburb with grand old buildings. Hardly seen anybody walk past all day.

Both postcodes cover wide areas, both have good and bad bits. I would be happy living in certain bits of either post code but not so happy in others. You need to narrow your areas down a bit really.

As a general rule S10 is more studenty than S7.

Thats great, they are looking at S11:)

Opps! I am a spaz! S11 is massive! Lots of it is nicer than S7 but being such a bit area it depends on where you are looking.

Actually, S10 is only the opposite side of Ecclesall Road from S11. As you look up Eccy road with your back to town, before you hit the roundabout at Hunters Bar, S10 is the right hand side of Eccy Rd, S11 is on your left.

I live in S11, off Ringinglow Road on the edge of the countryside in a neighbourhood known as Bents Green. It has a village feel and good schools and is a quiet area. It is about a mile and half from Hunters Bar and restaurants, and maybe three miles from the City Centre. There are country walks from the door and local shops. It is not as pricey as Whirlow but is a 'good' area. However, the best restaurants are probably not in S11 but closer to S7 on London Road, which is a much more mixed area. Parts of Netheredge are beautiful with stone built houses and lots of trees and its less expensive than S11. As always it depends on your budget.

is there a particular reason you have chosen those areas? have you considered norton or norton lees (s8) or even meersbrook in s8, all are pretty nice areas