Ebay troubles..

The worst part about ebay is the users. I sold a load of stuff on there as part of a decluttering exercise and someone bought two things from me; they didn't realise until after the items had been posted and they left negative feedback because I wouldn't take a loss and give them an after the fact postage discount.

Two negative feedbacks! I almost cried.

It just depends on whether you'd rather have 1 negative feedback or go through the trouble of pandering to a retarded buyer. You've been put in a bad situation either way by this person because even if you agree to a refund he could still leave bad feedback. I'd check his profile and see the amount of bad feedback he's left for others and then make your decision based on that.

The botom line is If it says no refund in the sale, You can just let the buyer know. That's it

It just depends on whether you'd rather have 1 negative feedback or go through the trouble of pandering to a retarded buyer. You've been put in a bad situation either way by this person because even if you agree to a refund he could still leave bad feedback. I'd check his profile and see the amount of bad feedback he's left for others and then make your decision based on that.

Yah, agree. What would your feedback percentage be if you get bad stuff from Mr Moaner? Have you got lots of good ones so one bad one will just be an anomaly?

Edited by dccjb

Mm. I told him I would accept a refund if he paid postage.

Have a feeling I'm going to end up with bad feedback any which way on this, shame as I've had 100% for about 8 years. Not putting myself out of pocket in the process though.

I actually doubt he will return them as it'll cost him about a tenner.

To be honest, you could wear boots a half size up or down anyway. The only way to be sure is to go to a shop and try some on. I've bought two pairs of footwear previously that haven't fit on ebay and have just sold them on myself.

similar thing happened to me, was selling some new rock boots and didn't realise they were .5 of a shoe size different (they were bought second hand)

and sold them as a 5 then the woman complained and even though I refunded her the money plus postage which was 10 pounds she still left negative feedback:rant:

Well, in his latest email he said he'd found a label that says UK10 on it. So, chances are it might just be me being thick. I've offered to refund and pay reasonable postage on return, but I will check the label and general condition before refunding anything.

That's a bad one Komal. I've sold loads of stuff on Ebay and it's generally been okay, but there is the odd one that makes you wonder whether it's all worth it. This is the third bad experience for me in several years. One of the previous two was my own fault and it looks like this might be too, so can't really blame Ebay.

I blame it mostly on the nubes. Ever since ebay started advertising on a massive scale they've been inundated with people who don't understand buying etiquette. It's so annoying as you can't control who buys your stuff. I've been using ebay for years and I can't remember the last time I left someone bad feedback, even if I'm not happy with something I've bought I'd only kick up a fuss if the seller has deliberately ripped me off, because I know how difficult it is.

Oh my lord. This guy is really getting up my nose.

I acknowledged that the existence of a label means it is my fault and said I would refund reasonable postage up to £8. He has just replied to say that it said £8.22 on the sticker when I posted it to him. Apparently, he is pretty concerned about taking this 22 pence hit, to the extent that he has emailed ebay to explain the situation.

I have tried to politely explain that after his email indicating he was concerned about getting it quickly I chose to pay the extra £1 or so to send it by first class postage rather than standard parcels as was specified in the auction. I hope the intimation that this is because I, unlike some people, am not as tight as a duck's arse is not lost on him.

Edited by Crayfish

Sounds like he is just being awkward.

You can't just leave negative feedback anymore. I think if he wanted to do that, he'd have to contact eBay with his problem and then they would contact you to counter any claims.

Not certain about this, but I left feedback for someone yesterday and the only option there and then was positive.

Sounds like he is just being awkward.

You can't just leave negative feedback anymore. I think if he wanted to do that, he'd have to contact eBay with his problem and then they would contact you to counter any claims.

Not certain about this, but I left feedback for someone yesterday and the only option there and then was positive.

I think that buyers can leave negative feedback, but sellers can't.

I had a similar situation -the buyer claimed my product was damaged (which is certainly was not!) and demanaded I pay £50 to fix it or refund him all the money including postage. So I'm either £50 quid out of pocket or I'd have to refund the money and take the hit on the postage, ebay and paypal fees (and then I'd have to repair the damage which wasn't there when I posted it).

I decided to go with the latter rather than be held to ranson, to which he refused to send it back on my terms. Ended up getting negative feedback but I think I was in the right. Not the end of the world mate!!