Lost contact with brother, should I try to find him?

My brother went his own way years ago, when I was 13. Not wanting to go into too much detail, but due to differences with our parents, Im sure you know what I mean though. All that aside, off he went, phone calls & visits got less.

Weeks turn into months, months turn into years. We simply lost touch.

Im now 39, Im thinking of trying to track him down, but also if I found him, I honestly don't know what I'd say to him. He's been out of my life longer than he was in it, but he's still my brother.

Should I try to find him?

Yes I would go for it, you don't seem to have overly high expectations of the outcome so you have nothing to lose.

You never know, he may have been thinking the same as you. I'd try to track him down if I were you. If you find him and it doesn't work out then at least you tried, but if you don't, as years go on, you'll be forever wondering what if.

go for it i posted an advert on here saying i was looking for my dad who i had never seen in my life and im 22 one of his friends got in touch with him and said i was trying to contact and we have been in touch ever since found out got other brothers and sisters dont leave it too late just gto for it what have u got to lose

the way to look at is if anything happened to your him could u forgive yourself for not trying go for it good luck your family are not there for ever

Speaking as one who had a very similar situation we

found we had nothing in common other than being family

so all though we now keep in touch we lead completely

different lives,as long as you are prepared go for it and

i wish you all the best.

My brother went his own way years ago, when I was 13. Not wanting to go into too much detail, but due to differences with our parents, Im sure you know what I mean though. All that aside, off he went, phone calls & visits got less.

Weeks turn into months, months turn into years. We simply lost touch.

Im now 39, Im thinking of trying to track him down, but also if I found him, I honestly don't know what I'd say to him. He's been out of my life longer than he was in it, but he's still my brother.

Should I try to find him?

Go for it, because if you don't you will regret for the rest of your life.

Family's are complex go with your instincts you will not regret it.

All the best and I wish you well

Yes go for it now tomorrow might be to late don't live to regret it. You might not get on now but at least you will know one way or the other. People change as they grow up give each other a chance good luck.

I would suggest that if you do track him down you might consider getting an intermediary to contact him on your behalf. Also what about your other family members? Are any of them in touch with both you and your brother?

My brother and I fell out about 9 years ago. Although I haven't moved house he has, but last year I managed to track him down. I phoned him. His response was to put the phone down. I didn't phone him again and neither did he phone me back. Be prepared for the worst and the best will be a nice surprise.

My mum lost touch with her brother 26 years ago when my nana died (he always was no good).

I have a very bad relationship with my brother - and I work with (for, it turns out, although daddy dear "forgot" to tell the rest of the staff that little chestnut). My life would be better if he were not in it at all, and I am sure he feels the same way.

Before anyone spouts in "get another job" - I am searching and will do almost anything.

Absolutely. I have had an almost identical situation to deal with and I have never regretted making contact. Family squabbles and rifts, no matter what the causes, are not worth continuing. I don't know where you're situated but I located my mother with the help of Electoral Registers at the Local Studies Library in Sheffield.

Hi Frohike - thanks for your PM; I have replied with a likely address from the electoral roll.