Possible Closure of Firth Park Post Office

I still cant beleive it would be contemplated given how many have shut.

How many others have already closed is a completely irrelevant factor. (Perhaps it shouldn't be, if you consider the Post Office to be a public service rather than a business; but it isn't considered a public service, so it is an irrelevant factor.)

If a Post Office makes money, it will stay open; if it doesn't, it won't. The only way to "express support" for a Post Office you don't want to see close, is to spend more money in it, and persuade other people to do the same.

How many others have already closed is a completely irrelevant factor. (Perhaps it shouldn't be, if you consider the Post Office to be a public service rather than a business; but it isn't considered a public service, so it is an irrelevant factor.)

If a Post Office makes money, it will stay open; if it doesn't, it won't. The only way to "express support" for a Post Office you don't want to see close, is to spend more money in it, and persuade other people to do the same.

Yes but you waited like 20 min+ asked for a stamp and an envolope which i thought was pritty obviouse you would get from a post office only to be told they dont sell them you had to buy them from the co.op :huh:

Yes but you waited like 20 min+ asked for a stamp and an envolope which i thought was pritty obviouse you would get from a post office only to be told they dont sell them you had to buy them from the co.op :huh:

That's quite common practice in post-office-cum-shops ... the idea is to reduce the queue at the post office counters. There should be (I can only speak for the one in Beighton, where there is) a sign telling you that such purchases should be made at the shop counter before going to the post office counter.

That's quite common practice in post-office-cum-shops ... the idea is to reduce the queue at the post office counters. There should be (I can only speak for the one in Beighton, where there is) a sign telling you that such purchases should be made at the shop counter before going to the post office counter.

Hmmmmmmmmm well theres definatly no sighn up saying that.

They might tell you to go next door now unless they have started stocking them with the co.op in side being closed down.

I've heard the old co-op is going to be Iceland

Hadn't heard that one - it seems to be difficult to find out any facts about what's happening.

It is a rumour that is gaining pace, I heard the same last wee and not off the foum so who knows !

Hope it is, at least Ill be able to find mi mum :D

There's also another buzz that Jack Fultons is going to take up residence in the shop further up Bellhouse Rd that used to be Huddarts.

Having lost my nice friendly PO on Upwell Street I'd be gutted if this one goes too. I normally walk a couple of miles to the one in Wincobank (also lovely staff) but Firth Park in convenient for me too.

I have a parcel to post on Monday but I won't be at home and I have really had to wrack my brains to remember where the post offices are in town now, there are so few left!

My oh went into post office at firth park the other day and they said they would be shutting in september and Jack fultons would be taking over the shop that was coop.

It looks like a bomb went off in there, the staff were absolutely atrocious and rude when asked a simple request for passport registration forms and if nothing else those witches need shooting.

Can we not buy out the old fireworks shop that opens one day a year and plonk it there?

i go all the way to margetson or wincobank PO rather than firth park, the tillers are so lazy they dont even put stickers on parcels you're sending, then you have to take them to the end of the till yourself, then there's the passport checking service which is an absolute joke there, they refused me the application for my daughter for various reasons even after the second attempt, so i took the application to chapeltown and they said "well done son perfect" - got the passy back within a week, yes firth park are ok at sitting on their backsides dishing dole money out and taking payments and thats about it - rant over !!!!!