Barnes Hall Grenoside

no it isn't semantics if there is actually one in chapeltown and one in grenoside as well. and the one on bracken hill is chapeltown. I am still researching the fact there could be one in grenoside - two totally different areas of sheffield and bracken hill is most definitely chapeltown I LIVE THERE.
It is the one off Bracken Hill. When it was up for sale it was described as Off Bracken Hill, Burncross, Grenoside.

no it isn't semantics if there is actually one in chapeltown and one in grenoside as well .........

... but there isn't and your question has been answered .... repeatedly. :)

Only ever one Barnes Hall. Lots of photos on Picture Sheffield eg

http://www.picturesheffield.com/cgi-bin/picturesheffield.pl?_cgifunction=form&_layout=picturesheffield&keyval=sheff.refno=y01767

and the address is always given as 'off Elliot lane, Chapeltown'.

(OTOH if you walked due west from Barnes Hall you would be in Grenoside within five minutes :D)

Edited by Greybeard

Unless they are referring to Barnes Hall Cricket Club who long ago used to play in the fields on the left hand side of Bracken Hill as you come down the hill towards the Acorn.

Jim

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all our help with this. We hve been today and it is indeed Barnes Hall Farm off Bracken Hill at Burncross Chapeltown.

The electoral register has it listed as Grenoside why I don't know it has never been Grenoside and I think this is where the all the confusion has been.

Anyhow found exctly what I wanted by chatting to the gent who lives int he farm house.

Thanks

Gail

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all our help with this. We hve been today and it is indeed Barnes Hall Farm off Bracken Hill at Burncross Chapeltown.

The electoral register has it listed as Grenoside why I don't know it has never been Grenoside and I think this is where the all the confusion has been.

Anyhow found exctly what I wanted by chatting to the gent who lives int he farm house.

Thanks

Gail

As the crow flies its probably nearer to the centre of Grenoside than it is to the centre of Chapeltown

Yep the postal address is Burncross, but as far as I can remember (I used to live there) it's been referred to as being at Grenoside because Barnes Green House and the lodge are on Elliot Lane, Grenoside just across the field from the Hall :) The lane used to go right through between both properties.

Barnes Hall

Bracken Hill

Burncross

SHEFFIELD

S35 1RD

Hi Everyone

Thanks

Gail

That be Farmer Geoff!

That be Farmer Geoff!

Is he still around? Crikey, he used to tell us off for playing in the barns amongst all the hay :blush:

That be Farmer Geoff!

Hi sufinjim

no that not be farmer geoff it was another bloke who has lived there years in the "old" house. Geoff lives in the first house up the lane - we did go with the intention of trying to chat with farmer Geoff but found this other chap instead.

G