Recession Survival Kit??

Just had this bit of nonsense shoved thru my letterbox. What a complete waste of money this council has spent. Do people really want to be told to quit smoking or goto money saving expert.com. There was nothing no practical advice on any money saving iniatives at home. Think thats what i expected :huh:. Not a phonebook of contact numbers. Did i learn anything by this leaflet that i didn't already know? Nope. Guess its just one more for the blue bin day.

Edited by Event Horizo

To be fair there was no real proper advice on what to do if you lose your job, and so I will do this.

Your in a job, and income = £2000 per month

OUtgoings = £800

:thumbsup: no need to worry.

You take a pay cut, and are now on £1000 per month (it was this or losing your job)

Outgoings = £800

Might be a good idea to start saving for the bad times.

YOu lose your job

Income = £64 X 4 = £256 per month

Outgoings = £800

Start pooping your pants

The above advice should have been include in the leaflet

Recession Survival Kitwhat a load of rubbish

Did it say anywhere:

"if you are spending public money, consider if whatever you are spending it on has any actual value - this may help the people who actually pay for it - i.e. the general public"

another waist of paper

OOh is that a new fashion :hihi:

I had it. It was a great idea. Think of all the people who were employed in the creating, making and distribution of the leaflet. Times are hard at the moment; people are taking work wherever they can find it.

What a load of tosh, most forum members are on some type pf benefit and their income will remain the same regardless, so nothing changes for most people in high green etc

Was it just a leaflet? I didn't get one, but I think they should have made it actually contain useful stuff. Like:

1. a Box of Matches, for when you can't afford to pay for electricity.

2. a Catapult, for catching small animals when you can't afford meat.

3. a box of Durex, for when you can't afford to start a family.

:suspect:

what recession?

i dont see any change...same rent,same bills

I had it. It was a great idea. Think of all the people who were employed in the creating, making and distribution of the leaflet.

It's exactly that I'm thinking of, that makes me realise what a silly idea it was. Employing people to do pointless jobs at taxpayers' expense is only making a bad situation worse.