Will Sheffield now start with floods again??

Can I safely assume that all those replies trying to be witty are from people who weren't that badly effected last time then? :lol:

Try to imagine what some people did go through, then you might understand why some are trying to second guess the forecast.

Yes some did have it bad in sheffield !! and think we all felt sorry for them

Maybe the council should issue Sheffield residents with magic wands they can point at the clouds to stop it raining? :loopy:

Hee hee you're giving out a lot of magic wands today Gordon! :hihi: Can I have one please???? Pretty please???? ;)

I was one of many who was caught out in Brightside so no not all the witty remarks are from ppl who were not effected.

Curiously I resurrected an old thread called 'Is Sheffield going to flood today?' on Monday morning when it was raining really heavily, and pointed out that I was surprised that no-one had already done it. No sooner had I pressed the submit button than the whole thread was deleted, so obviously the fact that this new one has stayed untouched must mean that the situation has worsened considerably since then. So much for doing a search though.

Perhaps if the council unblocked all of the made up street grates. it would be a step in the right direction.

dont think it will be as bad as it was few yrs ago

dont think it will be as bad as it was few yrs ago

Yes i cant see it being as bad as it was !

The council have done some work since then i think to prevent it

well i was shocked today we had our house insurance renewel come threw from the prudencial extra £20 a month couldnt beleive it as it did not go up much after we had the floods, so we gave them a ring to find out why its gone so high, even thou we have been with them 20 years they could not lower it because we live in a flood risk area. money grabbing sods.

we have done a search for cheaper but not getting much hope at all.

But you're house wasn't flooded was it? I'd argue the point and get them to look at the flood map again (which is on the ea website) it stops at the edge of the football pitches.

But you're house wasn't flooded was it? I'd argue the point and get them to look at the flood map again (which is on the ea website) it stops at the edge of the football pitches.

we was lucky not to get flooded it was just pure luck that where it hit the path widend. we did have a claim but it wasnt a big one it does go on the bounder and they saying we are in it. what is the website that i need to look at ?

Edited by carol green