The Nanny State

No, not here - Australia!!!

I had a chat with my brother in Australia this morning, and he was frothing (none too gently) about some politician who wants to make armoured clothing compulsory when riding a motorbike!! He'd popped to his local shops for something on his bike, wearing a crash helmet of course, but if he'd had to kit up in full gear, including armoured gloves, he would have just got in his car instead, burning much more petrol. Plus, wearing full armoured gear would be a trifle warm when the temperature is in the 40s!

I had a look on t'interweb, but couldn't find anything about it, although I did find this article (from 2007).

So, it seems we're not the only ones complaining about the micro-management of our lives.

Typical soft Aussies for ya, no wonder they want all that padding, it's a known fact that an Aussie can't take a punch...:hihi:

But Dozy someone has to help you manage your life. Does someone not come round and help you to get dressed in a morning?:hihi:

But Dozy someone has to help you manage your life. Does someone not come round and help you to get dressed in a morning?:hihi:

Matron pops in and unlocks her padded room door :hihi:

Matron pops in and unlocks her padded room door :hihi:

And undoes the buckles on my straitjacket!! :hihi: