Help I have spilled nail varnish remover on my dining table!

Hi Everyone

I have had a spillage of nail varnish remover on my mahogany table. I tried to wipe it up as quick as possible, but it looks a right mess.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Apart from don't take nail varnish off on your mahogany table!!!:(

Thanks

Marino

Guest sibon
Hi Everyone

I have had a spillage of nail varnish remover on my mahogany table. I tried to wipe it up as quick as possible, but it looks a right mess.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Apart from don't take nail varnish off on your mahogany table!!!:(

Thanks

Marino

Nail varnish remover is your only chance. Try a small area first. If it isn't looking good, phone a furniture restorer.

I've just had a very nice table French Polished at a decent price. I'll try to find the name of the guy if you need it.

That would be great. Thanks

Well tip some hydrogen peroxide on it and hit it with a hammer.

The stain will disappear when the table goes BANG and flies all over the room.:hihi:

Guest sibon
Well tip some hydrogen peroxide on it and hit it with a hammer.

The stain will disappear when the table goes BANG and flies all over the room.:hihi:

I prefer your political posts. You can leave the Chemistry to me if you like:)

I prefer your political posts. You can leave the Chemistry to me if you like:)
My bold

No, I think it would be an excellent idea if BritPat carried out the process himself - just to show how it's done!! :hihi:

Guest sibon
My bold

No, I think it would be an excellent idea if BritPat carried out the process himself - just to show how it's done!! :hihi:

And I'd just like to add that by "prefer" I didn't mean "agree with". However, since BP at least has the guts to defend his opinions, I'd like to suggest that we don't allow him to blow himself up.

Any ideas about who could take his place?:hihi:

And I'd just like to add that by "prefer" I didn't mean "agree with". However, since BP at least has the guts to defend his opinions, I'd like to suggest that we don't allow him to blow himself up.

Any ideas about who could take his place?:hihi:

I do appreciate the difference between prefer and agree, I assume the reassurance was aimed elsewhere;)

The disappearing table trick would be better executed with both the remover and HP would it not?

A bit of catalysis might have livened it up too :hihi:

Rest assured I will neither detonate myself nor the good ladies fine table.

Guest sibon
I do appreciate the difference between prefer and agree, I assume the reassurance was aimed elsewhere;)

The disappearing table trick would be better executed with both the remover and HP would it not?

A bit of catalysis might have livened it up too :hihi:

Rest assured I will neither detonate myself nor the good ladies fine table.

One final question. I said "his", should that have been "her":wink:

Any ideas about who could take his place? :hihi:

My bold

As if you didn't know!!!! :hihi:

To the OP - your nail varnish remover will have removed the table varnish, so there's very little you can do, apart from getting it re-finished by professional. Trying to "patch" that sort of damage doesn't work and removing all the varnish - and probably most of the wood stain - yourself is hard work (I speak from experience)

Edited by Dozy

iv got superglue on my glass table how can i get that off?

One final question. I said "his", should that have been "her":wink:

Your initial gender assignment was without fault.