Restrictions at Beighton refuse tip

How did they know they were from Killamarsh....

It's the one eye in the middle of their head that gives it away.

Also "killamarsh waste removal" on the side of the van is a tad suspicious.

I live in t'marsh and have been turned away from Beighton and I was in a car not a commercial vehicle. I was asked by one of the guys on the gate where I was from and without thinking I told him, so I had to then go to Chesterfield. To me, this does encourage people to fly tip rather than visit any alternative site. There needs to be a better way.

I live in t'marsh and have been turned away from Beighton and I was in a car not a commercial vehicle. I was asked by one of the guys on the gate where I was from and without thinking I told him, so I had to then go to Chesterfield. To me, this does encourage people to fly tip rather than visit any alternative site. There needs to be a better way.

My answer would be to remove Derbyshire from the map of counties and amalgamate it into the surrounding areas. Parts of the high peak could be moved into Cheshire and Greater Manchester. Other bits could be moved into S. Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire. I think it would lead to more joined up thinking in many areas of local government.

As OP my delay in replying was that I needed to check with my daughter and they did, indeed, have a trailer with a view to not messing up the car boot. They go quite often as their bins are only emptied every other week and rubbish builds up, but in future they will put it in the car boot.

I really am in favour of recycling but councils don't make it easy. My step daughter lives in Derby and their recycling rules are so strict the garage has been given over to sorting tins, plastic, glass, etc and the car has to stand outside. Ironic really!

As an added thought, most household rubbish is packageing so maybe we should all be demanding supermarkets and suppliers should not be so free with the packing. For example if you buy packed meat from a supermarket they then put it in a plastic bag, which I always refuse.

Try walking into Shirecliffe dump it site. Not allowed!

We took some old seating on our pick up at short notice on a Sunday. Fair enough, I could not book the vehicle in being a Sunday so I parked up on the road and carried it in. Gestapo on the gate stopped us & interrogated us. Apparently there is no footpath for pedestrians so they are not covered by Health & Safety and could be sued if there was an accident.

Eventually they let us pass over the border but don't do it again.

wear a hi-vis vest and tell them you've got a current 'green cross code' certificate :rolleyes:

If it was really the case that pedestrians are at such a huge risk, you wouldn't be allowed to get out of your car, and they'd have to unload all the rubbish from vehicles entering the site :roll:

Try walking into Shirecliffe dump it site. Not allowed!

We took some old seating on our pick up at short notice on a Sunday. Fair enough, I could not book the vehicle in being a Sunday so I parked up on the road and carried it in. Gestapo on the gate stopped us & interrogated us. Apparently there is no footpath for pedestrians so they are not covered by Health & Safety and could be sued if there was an accident.

Eventually they let us pass over the border but don't do it again.

Just carry on walking, I did at High Green, they can't physically stop you and they have no way of identifying you so what else can they do. :loopy::loopy:

As an added thought, most household rubbish is packageing so maybe we should all be demanding supermarkets and suppliers should not be so free with the packing. For example if you buy packed meat from a supermarket they then put it in a plastic bag, which I always refuse.

It's because we demanded that they do use all that packaging, that we're now lumbered with getting rid of it.