Restrictions at Beighton refuse tip

My daughter and partner went there yesterday and as they live in Killamarsh were told they had to go to a Chesterfield Council tip. They were given a leaflet which explained we are all only entitled to 12 visits per year, and have to provide ownership documents for the vehicle used and also a utility bill to prove our address.

Sorry but in view of the fly tipping problem this seems a bit extreme.

Which takes me on to the SCC proposals to turn our blue bins into bins for glass and cans, giving us containers for paper (imagine all the shredded paper flying around) and replacing green bins with sacks. Will each house be given their allocated number of sacks or will they be chucked in a heap at the end of the road for the fittest to grab first?

I despair.

Twelve visits to the tip in one year should be more than enough for domestic use. It's a good idea to stop companies abusing the tip.

I too think this is a bit extreme. A bit too much Big Brother watching what we do !! Kev

CMC Waste Disposal are fully licensed waste carriers,pm us for a free qoute

because we only have our bin emptied once a fortnight we make trips to our tip every week ,ive never heard of only being able to go 12 times a year how ridiculous ,is that what do they prefer us to do ,haveing a big family we have to eat ,therefore have plenty of rubbish,we visit the tip at duckmanton, its very clean and the lads are great ,you dont have to lift a finger ,you pull up they come to you empty your car then sweep up after well done duckmanton tip ,keep up the good work,see you soon

My daughter and partner went there yesterday and as they live in Killamarsh were told they had to go to a Chesterfield Council tip. They were given a leaflet which explained we are all only entitled to 12 visits per year, and have to provide ownership documents for the vehicle used and also a utility bill to prove our address.

Sorry but in view of the fly tipping problem this seems a bit extreme.

Which takes me on to the SCC proposals to turn our blue bins into bins for glass and cans, giving us containers for paper (imagine all the shredded paper flying around) and replacing green bins with sacks. Will each house be given their allocated number of sacks or will they be chucked in a heap at the end of the road for the fittest to grab first?

I despair.

Do you mean they went there in a commercial vehicle? I think you might have missed that out! There's no restrictions on visits made in a car. And if you read the proposals http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/environment/waste/strategy you get reusable sacks, not a pile in a heap!

To be fair, dunno about your point on paper etc but a box with a lid would sort it.

If they do have a commercial vehicle then they could just pop along to Duckmanton, and save Sheffield Council Tax payers money - it sounds a lovely place, and if it's all geared up to take trade waste at Bolsover tax payers expense, then let them pick up the bill.

Went the other month to take plastic bottles parket outside and my wife walked about 10 mtrs under the barrier and was told she could'nt.(not commercial vehicle) .The other option was to wait in a long queue using fuel. Sound like a good thing for the environment. 2 mins walk or 10 to 15 mins in a queue. Jobsworth or bad planning of the basic recycling bins.

And they wonder why flytipping is a problem in this area :mad:

The sign saying you can only enter with a vehicle has me flabbergasted in this 'green' day and age! I don't see why you shouldn't be able to walk in with eg a wheelbarrow if you so choose!

I was really pleased when they painted lanes in for traffic management, but for it all to work, the middle lane should have been left clear for vehicles to depart, instead of everybody having to wait for the front cars to leave, or getting stuck behind whatever is unloading at the back of the unloading area

Twelve visits to the tip in one year should be more than enough for domestic use. It's a good idea to stop companies abusing the tip.

What about all the stuff people cant get in their wheelie bin ?

Restricting people to 12 visits per year is only going to result in more fly tipping .

I use High Green tip twice a week ,every week to get rid of various stuff .;), so 12 visits a year is no good .

Luckily i know a couple of the lads at our tip ,and they cant count :)

Edited by MR BENN

What about all the stuff people cant get in their wheelie bin ?

Restricting people to 12 visits per year is only going to result in more fly tipping .

I use High Green tip twice a week ,every week to get rid of various stuff .;), so 12 visits a year is no good .

Luckily i know a couple of the lads at our tip ,and they cant count :)

Just out of interest.

What kind of large items of rubbish do you have in your household waste to have to go to the tip twice a week?

I can't think of any reason a domestic household should produce this amount of oversized refuse.

Do enlighten me.

Also well done for reporting your friends at the tip, I'm sure someone on here will have noted your comment.

Edited by alex3659

I visited the tip on Saturday, I'm from Killamarsh. No problems at all.

Killamarsh have a box for glass and cans and a plastic bag for papers - always have had. A green bin is for cardboard and green waste.

Edited by willman

How did they know they were from Killamarsh....ive been to the tip plenty of times, I just drive my car in and empty it, then drive out!

They were probably driving a van so therefore they must book in.

Edited by lauren84