Thai bride and her husband.

Philippines was originally settled by people from the Malay and Indo archipelagos thousands of years ago. Since then there's been a whole lot of other people turning up of course, but that was the main initial 'exodus'.

take off the Islamic garb of even the most ardent Malaysian Muslim and stick them next to a Catholic Filipino, both dressed in normal smart/casual gear on a Singapore or a London tube train and you wouldn't normally expect to be able to tell the difference between them.

try taking a Filipina to Thailand on holiday from the Philippines like I have. It's three hours on a plane, about the same distance London is from Moscow. All day long she'll be mistaken for Thai by - not foreign westerners - but Thais themselves.

it's quite amujsing, because the Thai, assuming her to be Thai like them, will address her in Thai language, then she says, in English, 'I'm not Thai, I'm from Philippines!!' Then the Thai says, also in English, 'but you look Thai!'

this is quite funny, because in Tagalog, the lingua franca of the Philippines, 'Tai' means '****'.

Just sold something to a couple from Sheffield.

He a man of about 50 with beige cardigan and dull personality.

She a Thai bride giggling and being very sweet.

I just despise these men who cannot cope with modern women, so have to buy one off the internet.

Is it only me??

Because british girls/women dont have what it takes anymore? Cant remember the last time i met a girl who knew how to cook, or even be bothered to use an iron.

Because british girls/women dont have what it takes anymore? Cant remember the last time i met a girl who knew how to cook, or even be bothered to use an iron.

Good grief. Do you really judge women by their domestic skills?

Anyway, what is it with people here who think they have some sort of right to sit in judgement on other people

errrr, this is Sheffield Forum, you know

There is also a financial advantage being English(or whatever) when returning to partners country on a visit or holiday.Thailand and Malaysia sometimes adopt a policy of foreigners pay more than locals for admission fees.In Thailand I walk up and say 1+1,in Malaysia my wife pays less.On a 2 week holiday it might be possible to save about 70p !!! ;)

As my grandad used to say, you don't get a dog and bark yourself! :hihi:

:hihi:

I love the way you phrased that.

*X factor voiceover guy voice*

BRITISH WOMEN!!! Do YOU have what it takes to be, MRS MATTYUK1?

I was in China a few years ago, and the number of middle aged fat western men who have a glamorous Chinese 20 something on their arm was ridiculous.

Didn't have the heart to tell the guys that the ONLY reason they are there is so they can start a new life in Europe and will probably forget all about you within a couple of days!

Didn't have the heart to tell the guys that the ONLY reason they are there is so they can start a new life in Europe and will probably forget all about you within a couple of days!
And quite right too, why destroy their illusions for no good reason? Let them have their brief moment of perfect happiness. OK, they'd probably be devastated if it all goes bad, but at least they'd have something to look back on.

They bought a table I sold on Ebay, for 3 pounds!

I think you lot are rather cynical.

Cynical, Moi?

NO !!!!!!! Never.

What a table to play ping pong on ?

Well....They got to be good with a duster, surely?:o

he number of middle aged fat western men who have a glamorous Chinese 20 something on their arm was ridiculous.

OK, they'd probably be devastated if it all goes bad

I doubt it. A lot of them live out there, and they know they can just get another one in thirty seconds. There's literally millions of them.