Thai bride and her husband.

My son has a Japanese wife....they have been married 17 years now. I went to their wedding .......in Japan, where he has lived and worked for 22 years. They met there, in fact she was one of his students. When they comes here on holiday, they get funny looks too.

Hi Joan

I haven't answered any of your posts for a long time.

I have been married to a Malaysian woman for 43 years now,who I met in England and married in England.We still get those funny looks.Why can't people mind their own business ?

By the way she is older than me(18 months).

Edited by matsalleh

Japan isn't a poor country - noone would think that you have bought a Japanese woman... Only someone really dumb couldn't tell the difference between someone from thailand and someone from Japan - the two peoples don't look alike???

Oh :roll: then I'm really dumb then....I tend to say "Oriental looking" to be honest to be on the safe side and me having lived for a time in Singapore too. I didn't want to ask the op how they knew she was Thai but they obviously did.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed quotes

:hihi::hihi:

Years ago a boss at my work had a mail order Thai wife. Apparently she used to get up beofre him, go into the bathroom and squeeze toothpaste on to his brush ready for him. :o

..all wives do that dont they?? :blush:

I have been married to a Malaysian woman for 43 years now,who I met in England and married in England.We still get those funny looks.Why can't people mind their own business ?

Me too, matsalleh, still get funny looks and often the 'looker' has to make sure you've seen them 'looking' by suddenly being stricken with a nervous cough or best of all they start whistling as you pass them by, caused me much amusement over the years expecially when you start coughing/whistling back!

Me too, matsalleh, still get funny looks and often the 'looker' has to make sure you've seen them 'looking' by suddenly being stricken with a nervous cough or best of all they start whistling as you pass them by, caused me much amusement over the years expecially when you start coughing/whistling back!

We take a few holidays in Malaysia and I just love it when someone walks past and makes some rude comment in Malay,then watching their face as I answer in Malay.

Mail order brides are nothing new ,its been going on for years .

just waiting for Ebay to catch on to this niche in the market

But her now anyone :hihi::P

I gotta get me one of these but have a few concerns, mailnly, can I request express delivery and if I'm out will they put her in my blue bin?

i think you can pay an extra £5 for next daY delivery :D

Hi Joan

I haven't answered any of your posts for a long time.

By the way she is older than me(18 months).

Terima kasih :thumbsup: matsalleh....

I think my daughter in law is 5 years older than my son whereas MY oh is 10 years younger than me.....and yes, why can't people live and let live indeed.

I have been married to a Malaysian woman for 43 years now,who I met in England and married in England.

Me too, matsalleh [...]
Wow! what about that for a coincidence, two men both met a Malaysian woman in England and been for married 43 years. How often is that going to happen anywhere, let alone on SF?:)

Wow! what about that for a coincidence, two men both met a Malaysian woman in England and been for married 43 years. How often is that going to happen anywhere, let alone on SF?:)

You know what I meant! Besides we're Mormons ;)

each to their own, the thai are a very gentle loving people but they are not nieve. both are getting satisfation let them get on with it.

..I guess it's just less obvious on Match.com.
Be fair! Other than the odd serial killer or violent rapist*, the people on Match.com are average men and women. The typical Thai bride client is never going to get a wife or girlfriend from there.

I don't agree with Friday 13th that the women are being traded as commodities. Many of them (not all) are just hoping to get settled over here and strike out on their own once they've got their citizenship. If anyone is being exploited, it's the men.

Just a thought, has anyone ever bought a Thai husband? They look a bit too delicate for the average Western woman. Although, if they can do housework .... :cool:

*JK btw!