Thai bride and her husband.

Be fair! Other than the odd serial killer or violent rapist*, the people on Match.com are average men and women. The typical Thai bride client is never going to get a wife or girlfriend from there.

I don't agree with Friday 13th that the women are being traded as commodities. Many of them (not all) are just hoping to get settled over here and strike out on their own once they've got their citizenship. If anyone is being exploited, it's the men.

That was my point really, I was replacing Friday13th's sensational statement with one from the other extreme. I dont believe 'Thai Brides' are a 'global commodity', I think Western men have tapped into it and some have responded positively.

The reasons might be ostensibly commercial, but it's only like browsing the profile shop windows on dating sites and selecting from a drop down menu (education, job, income, etc).

Just a thought, has anyone ever bought a Thai husband? They look a bit too delicate for the average Western woman. Although, if they can do housework .... :cool:

*JK btw!

These are the latest from the dating site, Thai Sauce, eager to serve rich Sheffield ladies, sure one of them would give you a run for your money Ruby ;)

http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/kkamaras/fat_people.jpg

Japan isn't a poor country - noone would think that you have bought a Japanese woman... Only someone really dumb couldn't tell the difference between someone from thailand and someone from Japan - the two peoples don't look alike???

Oh :roll: then I'm really dumb then....I tend to say "Oriental looking" to be honest to be on the safe side and me having lived for a time in Singapore too. I didn't want to ask the op how they knew she was Thai but they obviously did.

Not sure how old you are -so if you are a older lady who hasn't met many people form the far east, I guess they may look alike - If you are 60 or younger, I am amazed that you will admit to that, but I will take it on the chin!:hihi: Already had two other posters telling me not to under estimate people!

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed quotes

Just sold something to a couple from Sheffield.

He a man of about 50 with beige cardigan and dull personality.

She a Thai bride giggling and being very sweet.

I just despise these men who cannot cope with modern women, so have to buy one off the internet.

Is it only me??

Was it Ting Tong Macka Laka Ding Dong

I gotta get me one of these but have a few concerns, mailnly, can I request express delivery and if I'm out will they put her in my blue bin?

You should be ok mate, they usually send parcel force, so can re-deliver if you aren't in.

Either that, or you can specify to leave her with a neighbour.:D

These are the latest from the dating site, Thai Sauce, sure one of them would give you a run for your money Ruby ;)http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/kkamaras/fat_people.jpg
OMG! how gross is that .... hahaha, when you posted "run" one presumes this word was used purely hypothetically???

I doubt any of them have even seen their feet for many years, let alone been able to use them for running! :hihi:

Was it Ting Tong Macka Laka Ding Dong

"I not Ting Tong, I Tong Ting!"

Just sold something to a couple from Sheffield.

He a man of about 50 with beige cardigan and dull personality.

She a Thai bride giggling and being very sweet.

I just despise these men who cannot cope with modern women, so have to buy one off the internet.

Is it only me??

You could have bartered with him to swap his wife for whatever you were selling.

You could have bartered with him to swap his wife for whatever you were selling.
A joke's a joke but I think you're overstepping the mark now. :|

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

What a bizarre answer Grim Reaper, can you hear the laughter?

Yes at you. You make huge assumptions, make snide comments on the guy’s personality and then post them on a forum. Have you thought that maybe he came across as dull because he realised what a twerp you where and didn’t want to waste his breath passing the time with you.

You must be a hoot to know, giving your silly name calling behind people’s backs. Why did you not say it to his face if you felt so strongly, or where you afraid he might give you a slap?

sounds like the OP just assumed the woman was Thai.

there's 10 ASEAN nations, and nobody can tell the difference between a Thai and a Malaysian, or a Khmer and a Vietnamese, or an Indonesian or a Filipino just by looking at them when they're sitting next to one another on a mass transit unless they're wearing some sort of dead giveaway like a national costume, or else they speak, and you can recognise their language.

nobody can really tell French from Italian or German either really. Sure, you can guess, but that's all it is - a guess.

I knew a man who went to Thailand to get a new wife.

He was probably in his 50s and she was about 23 and obeyed every word he said. She was a nice girl very obedient and was I think exploited.

He would take friends home with him wthout any warning and watch as she with thai hospitality fed them all. She had 2 chldren and did all the labouring in his business to help him all she could.

When we ladies started to include her in our get togethers she said she must ask her husband who immediately said no on the lines of you do not keep a dog and bark yourself.

He sold up and bought a rundown house for her todo the labouring again helping hm to put a damp course in and taking her miles away from her friends.

She must have made friends again because no sooner had she learned english than he took his family to live abroad where she couldn't speak the language and again buying a run down property.

The final straw for the thai girl was when he took in a stray dog and when she objected as they already had one dog, he said she would have to leave home before they got rid of the dog.

That did it so she left him taking nothing with her, he giving her no money but her fare to england.

Who was exploited.

hazel